Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Brighter Tuesday

Hey y’all Sun

Check this out…this has certainly brightened my non-running mood:

2011-09-06_1131weather

Oh Hallelujah for cooler weather!!!!  Is Fall here to stay??  OMGosh, I hope so.  Of course, it makes me a teensy bit disappointed in the morning when I really want to go for a run, but I just keep reminding myself how good it will feel to run in a few days PAIN-FREE AND COOL!  I’m working on some new positivity this morning about the whole thing. 

I’m a work in progress, people.

So yesterday I kind of had a little pity party for myself.  Complete with moping, and snapping, and all the non-lovely things that come with it.  I found myself so disgusted with menopause and how my 33-year old self should not have to deal with all this; how I don’t even feel like I know my own body anymore. <---Oh yes, I went there.  I try to keep it upbeat most of the time but it doesn’t always work.

This morning, though, I sat down with my Bible for my quiet time and proceeded to go on a search for verses to lift me up out of my downer mood. 

Of course, God provided…He always does, and here’s some of the verses from this morning:

“Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God-this is your spiritual act of worship.” Romans 12:1

“But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.” 2 Corinthians 12:9

“Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God?  You are not your own; you were bought with a price.  Therefore honor God with your body.”  1 Corinthians 6:19-20

“I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful I know that full well.” Psalm 139:14

“…Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”  1 Samuel 16:7

“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear.  Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?”  Matthew 6:25

And yes, I feel better this morning and lifted up.  Thanks, Big Guy, I just needed a little reminder. Winking smile 

I hope if you need a little lift in your day, that God’s perfect wisdom will do the same for you.  Ask Him!  Trust me, He desires nothing more than to have that relationship with us.  Not sure how?  Check this out.

The rest of this sunny and cool day is going to be spent catching up on some laundry, and then going to another baseball game.  We have sweated through several here lately, and I’m excited to go watch Tyler play without being so sweaty that my clothes stick to me!

Have a marvelous day, my lovelies!

xoxo

PS- My Dad sent me a joke via email the other day, and it was so cute, I thought I’d share it with you.

FORREST GUMP GOES TO HEAVEN

The day finally arrived. Forrest Gump dies and goes to Heaven. He is at the Pearly Gates, met by St. Peter himself. However, the gates are closed, and Forrest approaches the gatekeeper.

St. Peter said, ‘Well, Forrest, it is certainly good to see you.

We have heard a lot about you. I must tell you, though, that the place is filling up fast, and we have been administering an entrance examination for everyone. The test is short, but you have to pass it before you can get into Heaven.’

Forrest responds, ‘It sure is good to be here, St. Peter, sir. But, nobody ever told me about any entrance exam. I sure hope that the test ain’t too hard. Life was a big enough test as it was.’

St. Peter continued, ‘Yes, I know, Forrest, but the test is only three questions.

First: What two days of the week begin with the letter T?

Second: How many seconds are there in a year?

Third: What is God’s first name?’

Forrest leaves to think the questions over.

He returns the next day and sees St. Peter, who waves him up, and says, ‘Now that you have had a chance to think the questions over, tell me your answers’

Forrest replied, ‘Well, the first one — which two days in the week begins with the letter ‘T’?

Shucks, that one is easy.

That would be Today and Tomorrow.’

The Saint’s eyes opened wide and he exclaimed, ‘Forrest, that is not what I was thinking, but you do have a point, and I guess I did not specify, so I will give you credit for that answer.’

‘How about the next one?’ asked St. Peter

‘How many seconds in a year?

Now that one is harder,’ replied Forrest, but I thunk and thunk about that, and I guess the only answer can be twelve.’

Astounded, St. Peter said, ‘Twelve? Twelve?

Forrest, how in Heaven’s name could you come up with twelve seconds in a year?’

Forrest replied, ‘Shucks, there’s got to be twelve: January 2nd, February 2nd, March 2nd … ‘

‘Hold it,’ interrupts St. Peter. ‘I see where you are going with this, and I see your point, though that was not quite what I had in mind … but I will have to give you credit for that one, too.

Let us go on with the third and final question.

Can you tell me God’s first name’?

‘Sure,’ Forrest replied, ‘it’s Andy.’

‘Andy?’ exclaimed an exasperated and frustrated St Peter.

‘Ok, I can understand how you came up with your answers to my first two questions, but just how in the world did you come up with the name Andy as the first name of God?’

‘Shucks, that was the easiest one of all,’

Forrest replied.

‘I learnt it from the song,

‘ANDY WALKS WITH ME,
ANDY TALKS WITH ME,
ANDY TELLS ME I AM HIS OWN..’ ‘

St. Peter opened the Pearly Gates, and said:

‘Run Forrest, run!’

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...