Thursday, September 8, 2011

Birthday Boy = Driving Boy

Hey friends!

I have spent the bigger part of today trying to figure out how we’ve gone from this:
 Scan001

To this:

IMG_3091

I seriously almost can’t handle looking at that little-guy picture right now!  It makes me heart ache for the sweet and calm baby that he was, the determined toddler he became, the perfectionist school-age boy after that.  Now my first born is officially SIXTEEN, as of 8 minutes after midnight last night.

Wow.

I can’t believe we are here already, seriously. 

He passed his driver’s test this morning with flying colors of course. Smile IMG_3082

IMG_3081

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He was so excited and a little nervous, but he did great and before we knew it, we were in the license office getting my baby his driver’s license.

IMG_3084

IMG_3085

Afterwards, he dropped me off at home and he took his truck and went back to school.  I almost choked when he left the driveway.  Praying the whole time. 

IMG_3092

Even though I am sad to see him grow up, I am so excited for him.  I remember getting my license and the excitement I felt at the time, and I KNOW he’s feeling the same thing.  But NOW I know how MY parents felt, too, seeing their oldest child start to separate just a little from their grip. 

I pray that God would guide him and protect him, as well as Zachary and Katie.  Please, Lord, place a literal hedge of protection around them and guide them as they go throughout each day.  May they always look to YOU for guidance and for answers, as the world has more and more influence upon them.  I know that I can’t watch out for them all the time, but I rest assured that You see them constantly and they are always tightly in Your loving grip.  Amen.


So on a totally less-exciting-but-still-worthy-of-sharing note:

I RAN THIS MORNING!!!!

With no blister pain!  Yippee!!! 

It.felt.amazing.  Thank You, Lord, I REALLY needed it today.

Stats: 2011-09-08_1336garmin

I felt like I was flying at times.  I didn’t want to stop!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE runs like that!!  And temps were in the 50s this morning, wooo-weeee!

And yes, I also LOVE LOVE LOVE the pink Zensah compression socks!

See y’all later on, I’m headed to take the Birthday Boy to the first Cross Country meet of the season!

Love to you!

xoxo

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...