Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Yes You Can

I had to chuckle at towards the end of my run this morning.

As I was finishing up the last half-mile of my 6.5, a man hollered and asked me,

“Are you on a track team, or are you just running?”

What I thought: Do I look young enough to be on a track team??  Booyah!!

What I said: “No, I’m just running.”  And in my head I sounded like Forrest Gump.
  gump-9213

I really hope it didn’t come out of my mouth that way, but I can hear it in my head and it makes me giggle.  “I just felt like run-ning.”  Oh gosh, now I’m going to have to watch it.Smile

That is totally going to be stuck in my head all day long.

2011-07-27_1010garmin

I really pushed myself this morning.  I kept repeating to myself “push through the mental blocks, you can go further, run faster, this is all in your head.”  And you know what, it worked!  When I really wanted to stop and take walk breaks, a little pep talk inside my head was all I needed to keep going. 

ilovetorunsign1

Keep going, friends.  Whatever it is that is so challenging and you think cannot do it…YOU CAN.

xoxo

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...