Monday, July 4, 2011

Full Weekend


H
ey!

Is everyone enjoying the long holiday weekend?  We have managed to successfully fill every minute with busy-ness of some sort.  We have hit the river on the hottest day of the year so far, had a family and friends BBQ, watched our town’s fireworks, and I managed to fit in a 10-mile training run yesterday morning!  Whew!

I am a bad, bad blogger and took minimal pictures over the weekend. Sad smile  I know, I know.  First my camera battery was dead, then after I finally got it charged, I didn’t bother grabbing it to take a few shots.  I always regret this decision.  You’d think I would learn my lesson, but alas, no.

So I’ll share yesterday’s long run with you,

2011-07-03_1438garmin

It was miserably hot and humid yesterday morning…upper 70s at 630am.  Blech.  So I took it easy-ish to ensure that I could actually finish my run.  I was still spent, of course.  The heat and humidity just drains all the life out of me.  I am not a fan of running in heat.  Bring me a cool fall morning and I’ll run for hours, but notsomuch in the summer! 

I had a great new playlist to listen to during my run, though.  And it honestly kept me going when I just wanted to stop.  It’s amazing what new and different music can do for your motivation!  Here’s a partial list…I couldn’t fit the rest on the screen but rest assured that it was full of more new country greatness! 
 IMG_2862

Afterwards, my post-run tweet said it all:

2011-07-04_0801twitter

Three pictures that managed to show up on my iPhone this weekend,
 IMG_2853

IMG_2857

IMG_2858

Have a great 4th of July today, friends!  Remember the real reason we celebrate Red heart

xoxo

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...