Wednesday, July 6, 2011

We Are The Champions

Hello friends!  I am feeling fantastic this morning despite not getting into bed until after midnight and the fact that I developed a blister on my toe on this morning’s run.  It’s all good in the neighborhood. Open-mouthed smile

Last night we were at the ballpark so late!  I’m thinking we need to just pitch a tent and live out there.  Not really, I don’t camp.  Like, at all.  But it was a GREAT night…here’s why:

2011-07-06_0836facebookbaseball

That’s right, the boys’ Jr. Babe baseball team won first place in the tournament and finished the season with a record of 9-1!!  It’s been such a great season for these boys.  I am so proud of them!

Pregame:

DSC02774

Tyler up to bat:

DSC02775

Zachary at bat:

DSC02783

Thought I’d take a picture from the front, rather than his backsideWinking smile:DSC02788

Zachary on first:

DSC02793

And on third:

DSC02802

The view from my uncomfortable chair:

DSC02782

The dugout:

DSC02800

I LOVE this picture SO MUCH!  It absolutely melts my heart.  Tyler on first, and Jack (coaching) so proud:

DSC02807

Like father, like son.  Someone should probably tell my hubby that he can’t actually run with him! Winking smile  DSC02812

Tyler pitched the seventh (last) inning:

DSC02815

Then it was time to celebrate!!  I didn’t get many pictures of them jumping around like little bitty kids, because, well, I may have been too. Winking smile

DSC02823

Good sportsmanship:

DSC02825

The song “We Are The Champions” by Queen keeps playing in my head right now.  What can I say…I’m a child of the 90s.

DSC02832

It was a great night for baseball.  They have worked so hard all season and we are so proud of them.

So, this league is over but another still has two weeks left.  Wood bat league is tonight for Tyler.  And we keep on…

Love y’all!

xoxo

“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...