Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The New You & Today’s Prayers

Hey y’all Smile

Sorry for the lack of posting yesterday…forgive me?  It was a busy Monday with much office work to do, my magazine interview, Katie’s gymnastics class, and the boys’ local baseball camp.

By the time I got home, the skies looked like this,
 IMG_2938

Isn’t God the best artist?!  I mean, seriously.  It was so beautiful to drive home into the sunset.  It kind of made not getting home until 830pm worth it.Winking smile

Earlier yesterday I met with two of the ladies from The New You magazine.  They had contacted me after being recommended by my doctor Julie to do an article in their “Pink Pages” section on my journey with breast cancer.  I am always blown away at how deep a “cancer connection” can go.  It really is amazing to sit and talk to someone (who at first is a complete stranger) with so many similar thoughts, ideas, and feelings.  Before we knew it, we were talking a mile a minute and probably could have talked for dayyyyyssss if it weren’t for other pressing obligations on both our parts.  No longer strangers, pink sisters. 
 IMG_2941

Of course I am honored to work with The New You and let them tell my story in their fantastic magazine for women.  I hope to bring awareness for breast cancer for young women in particular, and to let them know that they are not alone and that THEY CAN DO THIS.  I’ll keep you updated on all this!

My run this morning was

“same song, different verse, not any better, not any worse.”

Regarding the heat and humidity that is.

I KNOW y’all are probably getting tired of hearing how horribly sweaty my run was, and how I sweated buckets, and how the humidity is a killer, but…

I speak the truth.  But I’ll TRY to keep the hot talk to a minimum.  No promises, though.Winking smile

Here it is:  2011-07-26_1327garmin

Training schedule called for 3, I did 6.2…imagine.

Some thoughts for today:

  • Maggie’s uncle, and Marcy’s brother, just received a diagnosis of pancreatic cancer.  Please keep their family in your thoughts and prayers as they move forward with doctors, tests, and treatment.  This family has been through more than anyone should ever have to endure…but at the same time, they have shown more grace under fire and strength than I can ever tell you.
  • My bestie Kim’s mom, Charlotte, was just diagnosed with throat cancer.  She had her port put in last week and starts chemo this Friday.  Please keep them in your prayers as well.
  • Callie, over at The Wannabe Athlete, has started a blogger Bible study that myself and, I think, 20+ other bloggers, are participating in.  I am so thankful to her for starting it and letting God use her for His marvelous purpose.  I’m believing God for a great study of His Word!
  • On a much less serious note: I am tracking my UPS package like nobody’s business waiting for my “Peas And Thank You” book to arrive.  If nothing falls through it should be on my doorstep no later than TOMORROW!  And you can bet I’ll be on a top secret mission to include more meatless meals in my family’s repertoire [<---you should’ve seen how I spelled that before I ran spell checkWinking smile].  Wish me luck.

Susan-Banner-550x169

  • There was quite a lot of awesomeness in the blog world yesterday.  Susan, who blogs at The Great Balancing Act, was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma recently.  You can read more about her story here.  Her friend and fellow blogger Janetha, organized a blogger auction full of everything such as blogger baked goods, a professional blog makeover, a lifetime recipe hosting service, autographed books & cookbooks from published bloggers, kitchen gadgets & dishes, clothing, accessories and much more to help raise money for Susan’s treatment.  Over 100 items were up for bid!  Today, with all the auctions closed, there has been a total of more than $26,000 raised to help Susan with expensive medical costs!!!  Whoa.  So proud to be part of such an amazing community.  And you can still donate here if you’re interested.Smile     

Ok, I think that’s it for now.  I’m off to tackle the massive mountain of laundry that is accumulating in my clean clothes basket.  It’s daunting I tell ya. 

Later gators.  Love you guys.

xoxo

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...