Tuesday, July 19, 2011

New Kicks and New Pics

Hellooooooo!  And GOOD MORNING TO YOU. Smile I hope that you are having a fabulous start to your day.

I started a little earlier this morning than I intended to (530am), but after getting up and starting coffee for the hubby then making his lunch, I was wide awake.  I grabbed a cup of coffee myself and read my daily devotion.  Today’s verse is from Nahum 1:7,

“The LORD is good, a refuge in times of trouble.  He cares for those who trust in Him.”

He is most certainly GOOD, and worthy of PRAISE!

After some quiet time, I headed out for a 5 mile run that turned into 6.5.  Yes, I am always deviating from my marathon training plan but the way I justified it was that my long run on Sunday was shortened by 1.5 miles so I just tacked it on to today’s run.  And it was perfect. Smile  We are currently experiencing crazy high heat and humidity (typical Midwestern July) so anytime I can consider an outdoor run “perfect” is a big deal.  I felt really good this morning.

Maybe it was partly because I was rockin’ new kicks??
 IMG_2917

Oh new shoes!  How I have missed you!!  So nice.  My feet are loving me right now.

IMG_2914

So yesterday my good friend, Veronica, brought me a CD of all the pics from our vacay in Branson this past weekend.  She is so gifted at taking pictures and they are all great!  How I managed to choose which ones to show you from the 200+ pictures is beyond me.  But here are a few:

Baseball Camp: DSC_0072

DSC_0080

DSC_0151

DSC_0194

Tablerock Lake: DSC_0208

DSC_0211

DSC_0212

DSC_0213

DSC_0218

DSC_0227

DSC_0224

DSC_0279

DSC_0289

DSC_0325

DSC_0425

DSC_0376

DSC_0383

As you can easily see, it was a FABULOUS weekend.  We had so much fun and have already decided that we are going back this summer for sure.  Zachary’s birthday weekend is looking good for another lake trip! Open-mouthed smile  What made the trip so great was the time we spent with friends.  We can’t wait to do it again!

Connor and Katie agree!  (Isn’t it cool to see that Lady Liberty is a Cardinals fan?!) DSC_0198

See y’all soon!

xoxo

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...