Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Pure Good News!

Pure good news here!

My dr called this evening with fantastic news! My genetic testing that we had done for the BRCA 1 and 2 genes results came back this evening. The results were negative! This is such good news because it would mean that my risk for breast cancer returning after we deal with this bout would be 90% and my risk for ovarian cancer would also be through the roof. So if they had come back positive, it would have meant a double mastectomy and reconstruction, and after chemo and radiation, then a hysterectomy to prevent the ovarian cancer. My mom and dad, sisters, and brother were all over here at our house having dinner when the dr called. It was like a giant cheer went up when I told them! It was such a fun moment! Just pure good news. Nothing I had to look for the silver lining for, or spin in a positive way....just 100% pure good news! Praise God! I have read Psalm 57 over and over this evening, wondering where it has been the last two weeks...it is perfect, as all of God's Word truly is and absolutely spoke to my heart:

"Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me, for in you my soul takes refuge. I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed. I cry out to God Most High, to God, who fulfills his purpose, for me. He sends from heaven and saves me, rebuking those who hotly pursue me; God sends his love and his faithfulness. I am in the midst of lions; I lie among ravenous beasts-men whose teeth are spears and arrows, whose tongues are sharp swords. Be exaulted, O God, above the heavens; let your glory be over all the earth. They spread a net for me feet-I was bowed down in distress. They dug a pit in my path-but they have fallen into it themselves. My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music. Awake, my soul! Awake, harp and lyre! I will awaken the dawn. I will praise you, O Lord, among the nations; I will sing of you among the peoples. For great is your love, reaching to the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies. Be exaulted, O God, above the heavens; let your glory be over all the earth." Psalm 57

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...