Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A New Me!



What a difference a haircut can make! I feel F.A.N.T.A.S.T.I.C! Actually, strangely, I feel grown up! 13 years of marriage and 3 kids and I get a new haircut and feel grown up! LOL! I can't believe I didn't do it before! Now I'm kinda mad that it's gonna fall out! Ha! Hey, but at least at this short length, it won't take as long to grow back out to here. Lacey did such a great job cutting it and Michelle and my mom were sitting there going, "Why didn't you cut it sooner??" But it was such fun! All the kids took a turn cutting a big chunk of hair off...they really enjoyed that! There was so much hair on the floor! Wow, I bet I lost weight, seriously. And I can feel the wind on my neck...cool!
Check out all that hair! Geez!!


Today was SUCH a busy day! I had all three kids in PB...dentist for me, orthodontist for Tyler, and an eye exam for Zachary. Katie was just along for the ride. Thrown into our to-do list, was new jeans for Zachary, prescriptions to pick up, and a Walmart list a mile long. I was so glad when Tyler said he didn't have to be back by 3 for practice. I could've made it, but it would have been pushing it! But we had a good day. It was very normal...which was very nice.

I was running this morning, listening to some praise and worship music, trucking along, when a song from my childhood popped into my head. It was a song that we always sang at revival when David and Geneva Bentley would come to our church once a year. It went,





"The Lord has not given us a spirit of fear. The Lord has not given us a spirit of fear. The Lord has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and a sound mind."


As soon as I finished 4 miles, I hopped off and googled it (!), so I could see where it came from...it's 2 Timothy 1:7. Thank goodness for internet access! Ha! Anyway, it is perfect of course, as any thing in God's Word is, and spoke to me, as anything in God's Word does, if you listen to it. That anxiety I'm feeling about diagnosis or treatment is not what God wants for me, it is the devil that gives us fear. God gives is FAITH! And faith is much stronger than fear, anyday! Praise God for that! Praise God that we can count on Him because He is with us always!



More and better pics tomorrow...my phone is being cantankerous tonight!

4 comments:

Simple and Divine said...

Amazing. Someone SO beautiful on the inside and SO beautiful on the outside, too! I adore the hurr <333

YAAHHH PHILS!!!

Mrs. LC said...

I absolutely LOVE your new haircut!! I've seen the style before, always thought it was really cute...kinda scared to cut my own though! (I've never had it shot and hubs tells me he likes me w/ long hair...lol). Random: is it harder to pull back now? I can't stand hair in my face when I'm working out.

And praise God indeed for faith that is stronger than fear! His perfect love casts out all fear. :) You are so strong and I will be praying for you and your first treatment tomorrow! I'm sure many others of your family, friends, and bloggers will be lifting you up too. :) :)

Anonymous said...

You look so beautiful! I'm really liking the new length... I'm sure the hubby is happy too. ;)

Samantha said...

You look so BEAUTIFUL!!

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...