Wednesday, October 22, 2008

God Is Good!

Hey all! I have very happy news to report from yesterday's testing. I had a bone scan and a ct scan to determine if the cancer has spread. As you probably guessed from the "happy news" part, they came back clean!!! Praise God! The dr called us last night to tell us the exciting news. I'm so glad he didn't wait! We had gone out to St. Louis Mills outlet mall to do some shopping and get away from the hospital setting when he called my hubby. I was getting ready to try on pants in the dressing room and I had to (after I called my mom and sisters of course!) get down on my knees in the dressing room in NikeTown and give pure thanks to God. I was praying for strength and strong faith that they would be clean and He answered prayer! After that, I was REALLY in the mood to shop...and eat ice cream! *lol* So after today's procedure, I should be cancer-free and ready to take my meds (chemo and radiation). But just knowing that there is nothing else to fight, is truly prayers answered. Thank you, God!

On a side note, interestingly, the only thing the bone scan showed was mild shin splints from my running. :-D

So I just wanted to get this quick post in to share my fabulous news! I am praying for an easy and quick procedure today and no anesthesia-sickness!! Hope ya'll have a great day!

"But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

7 comments:

Samantha said...

I am sooooooo HAPPY to hear your joyous news. You are well on your way girl!!!! Lots of hugs to you!!!

Bridget said...

Hooray!!!!!!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!!! This made me smile from ear to ear.

Sarah @ See Sarah Eat said...

Praise Him indeed! That is such great news, I am so happy for you. Your strength through all of this has been amazing and it will continue to get you through. I'm praying your procedure goes well and comfortably :)

Mrs. LC said...

Praise Jesus! I was praying for you when I first discovered your blog the other day, and this chapter of life God has you in. You seem like such a strong, godly woman - hold on to your faith and God will bring you through your treatments to be even stronger. Yay! :)

Mrs. LC said...

P.S. Have you ever heard of Kris Carr? She's kind of out there, but you have to love her positive attitude, determination, and just love of life. Her blog is http://crazysexycancer.blogspot.com/

(haha I sound like I'm getting paid to promote her..I promise I'm not!)

Simple and Divine said...

YAYY! MY PRAERS HAVE BEEN WITH YOU BOO! <3 So happy!

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...