Saturday, October 25, 2008

Celebrate!


Praise Jesus! More good news! The dr called last night from STL to tell us that there was no residual cancer left in the tissue she removed on Wed.! She said that she had the path lab working overtime so she could get us the results by the weekend. And, yes, it TOTALLY MADE our weekend! So, with all the scans having come back clear on Tues. night and now last night's report, she said I am officially CANCER-FREE! Now it's just on to step two...taking my medicine (chemo and radiation) to ensure that any microscopic bits that may be floating around are also gone forever! Boy, it sure makes the whole chemo thing easier to take knowing that there is nothing else to fight! After she called last night, we went out to dinner to celebrate our good news. And I had the best night's sleep in probably a month!

There's not a whole lot going on today around here. It is going to be a beautiful day, mid-60s and sunny. Too bad I can't drive yet, or go for a run..ooohhhh that would hurt right now! Ha! Jack is going to work today because our trips to STL have put us a little behind so the kids and I will probably just chill here. My sister, Jessica, may come over today to hang out. I hope so!

I hope you all have as beautiful of a day as we are having here and are able to get out and enjoy it!


6 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

HELL YES!!!!!! Erica, you better celebrate IMMENSELY today - I will be for you as well!!

Sarah @ See Sarah Eat said...

Oh Erica! How wonderful :)

I am so glad to hear your good news. You've really been a trouper through all of this and I believe your positive attitude and faith really got you through. You are such an inspiration!

Have a great weekend :)

Unknown said...

i'm jumping up and down right now!
i KNEW it! i am sooooo happy for you!!
CELEBRATE!

Bridget said...

What good news!!!! Enjoy celebrating on this beautiful weekend!

Simple and Divine said...

CHECK OUT MY BLOG POST! I LEFT YOU A LITTLE SOMETHIN SPECIAL! XO <3

(PS) I couldn't be happier for you boo!!! *CELEBRATW, uh-huh!*

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you Erica!! That is the most wonderful news! I know this is sort of belated, but I just wanted to drop a note. Thank God that you are cancer-free!

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...