Sunday, October 19, 2008

Meet Rex and Riley!

Meet the newest additions to our home...Rex and Riley! We took a little road trip today about 2 hrs. to pick up our newest additions. Rex and Riley are 8-week old Golden Retrievers and they are the cutest things EVER! We set out today to get ONE puppy, but came home with two. How did that happen, you may ask?? Well we get there and the lady had this one little puppy that had his nose snapped at by another dog a week ago. So she couldn't sell him for what she was selling the others for. So for the cost of the shots and wormer, we got another puppy. I was SO not into the idea, but now that we have them both here, at home, brothers with each other, I'm so glad we did. They have each other and are so precious to watch! They just play and roll over one another like little butterballs! So cute! We had the name Rex picked out already for the ONE puppy we were supposed to get, so it took us the whole way home to come up with Riley.



The ride home was quite interesting! We live in a rural area in southeast Missouri. Ozark country. That means rolling hills and valleys. No straight roads hardly. Not exactly the best thing for our daughter who gets carsick, and two puppies who have never been in a car. Katie threw up on the way to get the puppies. We had to stop not 30 minutes after we left the house. Rex first got sick on Tyler not long after we got in the car. We knew it was coming, too! He was whimpering and moaning...oh yeah. It was gross. But we were cracking up! Tyler was like, "Uh, Mom, he puked on me...uh, yeah, all over me." It was so deadpan serious, we just died laughing! Then after he cleaned that up, he pooped on him! For that one we had to pull over! It was hilarious! And disgusting! And now my car smells like a barnyard...ugh. So it is in the garage, all the windows rolled down, trying to air out. I hope it smells better by tomorrow!



It was a beautiful day to be out and about. It was pure sunshine, and no clouds in the sky. It was 65 degrees and just lovely! This is my very favorite weather ever! It would have been perfect to go for a run today (since I got permission!!) but family time trumped personal time. It was a "perfect" day! So maybe tomorrow, I will get to get back on track. For now, anyway, my hubby went to go get pizza and when he comes back we will settle in to watch Desperate Housewives (it's DVR-ing right now so we can skip commercials!). I hope ya'll had as wonderful a day as we did!





    A new verse I came across today; lovely, beautiful, powerful:

  • "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9




4 comments:

Katie said...

They are too cute! I met the sweetest golden this weekend; they're such good dogs!

Beth Morey said...

That quote from Joshua is one of my all-time favorite verses. I go to it when I'm feeling particularly daunted or, well, terrified. God is always faithful to pick me up. Isn't He awesome? ;)

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Cuteness alert!!!!


FABULOUS verse.


Happy Monday!!!! :0)

Mrs. LC said...

Beautiful verse, thanks! Def. applicable to where I am in life right now.

And I loved the story about the golden retrievers. My husband and I were actually just talking yesterday about what we would name a golden retriever puppy if we ever got one. I love the names Rex and Riley, esp. Riley!

As I am new to blogging and this whole blog-world, I just stumbled upon your blog yesterday and I'm finding it wonderful and inspiring. :) Thanks for blogging!

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...