Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Another Trip Up North

Another day, another trip to St. Louis! I probably shouldn't say that yet because, as we found out for sure today, we will be going EVERY SINGLE DAY WEEKDAY for 6 weeks come spring! But, except for the cost of gas, it will be ok. It will fly by, I'm sure! It's only 6 weeks. So yeah, we really liked the radiation oncologist we met today. She was so nice! And if I had to wish for one thing (besides being uber-smart, of course!) is that he/she is warm and fuzzy nice. I dunno. It's just my personality-type! I NEED that! And she was totally warm and fuzzy nice! And, like I said, she recommended 6 weeks of M-F radiation following chemotherapy.

After that we went to the cardiac testing area for my echo cardiogram. They needed a baseline scan of my heart because the Herceptin that I will be taking for a year has a small chance of causing heart muscle damage. So now they will have something to compare future scans to, if they need it. I pray they won't. That was a fairy easy test, though. I laid on a bed in a dark room while they ultrasounded my chest. Man, am I tired of taking my shirt off! My poor hubby! The only time he has seen my chest lately is when they are testing or examining me for something! LOL! Probably tmi, but it had to be said! Haha!

After that, I made a short dash across campus to grab a Starbucks while he waited for our car at valet. Then we headed for home...well not home, Tyler's ballgame. We made it there at the beginning of the 2nd quarter. I think he was happy we made it. They lost but I'm really glad we were there. Zach and Katie were glad too! Katie especially. She has been a mama's girl lately, I think because of all the trips we have been making to drs and stuff, and that is completely unlike our normal routine. She is ALWAYS with me...my little sidekick. So tonight, my incision is feeling better and I think we are going to take the body pillow out from between us so we can snuggle! We always snuggle! Maybe I'm kinda excited, too! teehee

Tomorrow I am going to PB to get my teeth cleaned (have to do it before chemo starts) and take Tyler to the orthodontist for a check-up. We will probably make a Walmart run through the grocery aisles, and then hopefully have time to go to lunch somewhere other than a drive-through. Uck! I am so ready for Friday to get here...I guess so I can get my first-treatment jitters over with. And because the sooner we start the sooner we finish!

Ooh, and I may get my hair cut tomorrow evening! Short!! I'm kinda excited about it! Of course I'll post pics if I do it! Night!

"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be provided for you." Matthew 6:33

"My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest." Exodus 33:14

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see a pic of the hair!!

Kristy said...

I clicked on your blog from the Beth Moore Blog. I will surely be praying for you. Ironically, I'm waiting for results - I go in tomorrow - about a breast lump. I had one removed a few years ago, it was thankfully just a mass of some sort, and now there's another. You are in my prayers.

MaryinVA said...

Hi there Erica. I too found your blog from the Beth Moore site so we are Siestas! I read thru several months of your blog and your family life and current story has really touched my heart. I have added you to my daily prayer list - you are NOT alone on this journey!! (I know you know that already but I just wanted to reinforce that reality).
I can't wait to see your new hair cut -- you have such a beautiful face, that hair is just an extra.
I will be praying that Friday goes quickly, smoothly and with minimal side effects so that you can get home to your little pumpkins.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

You are always so busy - love it (since I too am a busy-bee)!! I'm so glad that you're enjoying frequent trips and such :0) Keep it up!!

Samantha said...

I can't wait to see your new 'doo.

Anonymous said...

You are wonder (mom) woman I swear! I'm happy to hear you like your new Dr., that's so important!

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...