Thursday, October 30, 2008

Cloudy Turned Bright, Sunny!

Today I woke up with feelings of uncertainty and dread. Tyler started a course of antibiotics last night for a sinus infection and actually felt worse this morning, and I was nervous. I never want any of my babies to be sick, but with me going into chemo tomorrow, this could possibly be the worst time! So I let Michelle check him out this morning, and luckily, it is still just a sinus infection, the antibiotics just haven't had a chance to start working yet. I was so relieved! Not that he was sick, but that it was still the something simple she thought yesterday. I hate the idea of leaving town, even for 24 hrs. with one of kids not feeling perfect...I think that's what bothered me the most this morning, was that I may have to leave this afternoon with him feeling worse. But, since then, he has had ibuprofen and eaten breakfast and said he's feeling a little better. Work, antibiotics, work! Or should I say, Work, Jesus, Work! Heal my big little boy so Mama can go start to get better without worrying that he needs her. (Although, we know a boy ALWAYS needs his mama!)

After that, I was feeling MUCH better! Enjoying the beautiful day, SO LOVING my new haircut and back to smiling! :-) Once we got back home, I did my Week 4 Day 3 homework in my Bible study. I am always uplifted when I dive into His Word; it seems no matter what the lesson may be about, it always seems to speak to just me. Like it was tailor made for me...duh, it totally is! teehee! Today's lesson was about Noah and how he had faith and stepped out in that faith despite the evilness, taunts, and jeers he heard from humanity around him. He was faithful to God, and God rewarded him. Praise God! Praise Him for the endless promises His word hold for us! You know, though, when I was reading Genesis 6 about Noah I couldn't help but keep picturing the movie "Evan Almighty!" Maybe because it was just on the other day and I watched it...twice. But how God kept trying to tell Evan what He wanted but Evan just didn't get it...his alarm clock kept going off at 6:14 am when it was set for a different time, his new congressional license plate was GEN 614, and even someone calling his office with a baby announcement said the baby weighed 6lbs. 14 oz. God was trying to get His attention, Evan just didn't get it! I am so thankful that God is relentless on us when He wants something from us, which is always! He NEVER gives up. Never tires of telling us again, and again, and AGAIN. He is constantly showing us how much He loves us and wants to be close to us, NO MATTER what we have done or how we have lived! He just wants to be close to us! It is like a parents' love times infinity! How awesome is that??! God is so good! Thankful doesn't even begin to describe how I feel! Praise God that He never gives up on us!

From Psalm 91:
1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.
11 For He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
14 "Because He loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him.
16 With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation."

1 comment:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Glad you're feeling better!! :0)

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...