Monday, October 20, 2008


Morning all! I had a great night's sleep last night! Probably the best without medication in awhile! Ha! My hubby, on the other hand, was up and down all night. I know I heard him shut off the alarm and go out to check on the puppies more than once! Making sure nothing was getting them I guess. ;-) I guess it was a good thing we got them both because they have been snuggled up in one little light yellow ball of fur every time we've checked on them. The kids were even up bright and early cleaning the pen area, changing the water, and getting them food...I wonder how long this will last??

I felt like I finally got back on my routine this morning. I walked/ran on the treadmill for 45 minutes this morning, 3 1/2 miles. Yay! I probably would have ran a little more, but I forgot to put on a second sports bra to minimize any bouncing; not that they are that big, but to keep my incisions from tugging! Lol! But it felt great, a little weird, but great. So now here I am, getting my blog on, watching The View as I type (I love Hot Topic days!), and getting ready to dive into my 3rd week of my Bible study that Jenna and I are doing together. I look forward to my "homework" every that's a first!

As you can see, I dug into breakfast before I remembered to take a picture! I made myself a parfait this morning with mixed berries, vanilla Light & Fit yogurt, and sprinkled some Kashi Honey Almond Flax cereal on top (my favorite part).

My oncologist's office just called and set up my appointments for tomorrows scans; a bone scan and a CT scan. Then my clean-up procedure on Wednesday, which is same day...thank goodness! As long as they give me something to prevent me from getting anesthesia-sick I'm in good shape. Then they have scheduled my first chemo treatment for Friday, October 31. I'm a little bummed about it because we have "little" kids and Halloween is a big deal for them! I always take cupcakes and treats to the classes, and of course there is the trick-or-treating that evening. :-( But my appointment is at 10:30am and they said to allow about 5 hrs for my first treatment, because they have to keep me longer afterwards to watch for reactions to the medicines and stuff. So that puts it at 3:30pm before we can leave STL. And probably 7pm before we get home. Maybe we will have time to take them trick-or-treating when we get back. I hope so.

Well I'm going to get on with the day. Tyler has a ballgame tonight so it's another busy one around here! Hope you have a good Monday!


Simple and Divine said...


VeggieGirl said...

Hooray for a good night's sleep, and for getting back into routine :0)

Too bad about the scheduling happening on Halloween :0( Hang in there!!

Good luck with your busy day!!

tsbrown said...

I just found your blog and love it. I will be praying for you.

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...