Friday, October 3, 2008

Home Sweet Home

It feels so good to be home. I am sitting in my recliner watching "Regis and Kelly" and typing away on my flamingo pink laptop. Ahhhh, this is the life! Lol! Kim is here with me today...she is on her laptop, too. I'm sure we look pretty comical both sitting here typing and gossiping the day away! Haha!

I was so glad to see my little ones when we got home yesterday. I know they were glad to be home, too. As soon as we got home, though, Jack had to turn around and go to Tyler's basketball game about 20 minutes away. My mom came to keep me company while the men and kids went to the game. We got take out salads for dinner (with extra breadsticks!), watched the vp debate, and emptied and measured my drain...ya know, typical evening!

I slept so good last night. I was a little surprised because I figured I would have to get up to take pain medicine or empty my drain, or something else during the night. But nope! We went to bed around 10pm, and I didn't wake up until 6am. I awoke feeling rested and recharged. Yay!

Today is a beautiful day outside! You know how I've been longing for that crisp, fall weather? Well it's here and I am so glad! I hope it stays around. But it really makes me miss running. I wish I could just lace up and take off for the park this morning...but I will soon enough I guess. But I am looking forward to going to the park to at least walk before the weekend is over. Yay for fall!

I guess I always knew that Breast Cancer Awareness month was October, but I never paid much attention to it until now. Ironically, I had my surgery on October 1, the first day of Breast Cancer Awareness month (and my dad's 60th b-day) and ever since then the BCA promotions are EVERYWHERE! The ladies on The View are featuring all kinds of pink products with proceeds going to the Susan G. Komen Foundation for Breast Cancer Research, Wednesday night in St. Louis they lit the arch pink in honor of BCA month. I wish I could have seen it from my hospital room, but at least they showed it on the news. But it is everywhere! It makes me feel very "not alone" right now...it's very important I think that you don't ever feel like you are fighting this battle alone.

My mom just got off the phone with my sister, Layne. She and her son Ethan (who just turned 1) are on their way here to hang out with us for awhile. Her hubby, Brett, works at Whiteman Airforce Base near Kansas City, and he can't come but she and Ethan will be here for several days. I am so excited that she is coming for awhile! I thought she was just coming for the weekend, so I am super-stoked that she can stay longer! Sister time is perfect medicine! My other sister is gone to Texas for the weekend so I will see her next week. My baby brother will pop in and out this weekend I'm sure, too. My family has been wonderful and I couldn't ask a more loving and supportive family. I hope you all have been blessed with a fantastic family as well!

It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed. (Deuteronomy 31:8)

2 comments:

Simple and Divine said...

This post felt amazing to read... I felt your comfort, relief, and happiness! love it.

stay hood, ma ;)

SO glad you're home!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Erica, enjoy your time at home IMMENSELY!!! You deserve it after all you've been through - relax and have fun :0)

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...