Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Twas the Day Before School Starts

Hey y’all!  Happy Tuesday morning to ya!!!  I hope your week has started out grand!

I thought I would give you a couple of days to recover from the “Love You Through It” song and video on the last post.  True, right??  I know.

Actually I really had intended on posting yesterday and even started a post, but then got up to do something and never got to sit back down at the computer.  It’s ok, this is how it goes.  I go in spurts, you know this.Winking smile

Yesterday we kicked off Tyler’s second year (Wahhhhhhh!Crying face) of high school baseball.  I can’t believe he is a sophomore…it brings me to my knees every time I think about it.  Literally.  The Bulldogs did great in their first season under their new head coach and came away with a 7-6 win over Doniphan!  I only got to stay until the end of the 4th inning though, because I had to high-tail it to PB to get Katie to gymnastics by 630.  Run, run, run!

Katie had a great class, and afterwards her coach came to talk to me about moving her up to the tumbling class on Thursday nights instead of her current class.  I was thrilled, and so was Katie, because tumbling is what she really wants to do anyway.  It’s the back handsprings, walkovers, flips, and such that she is going to get the most use out of, from a practical standpoint.  So we are going to look into getting her switched into the older class this fall.

“Train up a child in the way he should go,
And when he is old he will not depart from it.” Proverbs 22:6

Tomorrow is the first day of school for my kiddos.  I have never been the mom that has looked forward to school starting.  I always am always counting down the days until they get out in May and dread having to send them back in August.  I have said this before, but I like to have all my chicks in the nest with me.  But this year has me feeling a little different…

I’m actually afraid that if my kids DON’T go back to school that they may kill each other, and me in the process!  HahaWinking smile  They are really picking on each other, especially the conflict between the boys and the girl, and Zachary and Katie have such a love/fight relationship that they are slapping each other one minute and snuggling on the couch the next.  And the mouthing is really getting to me.  Geez, did I sound like this when I was younger??

Nevermind.  Mom, don’t answer that. 

I already know the answer.

And I’m sorry. Laughing out loud 

DSC02134

So-
Are they bored? 

Just “at that age?” 

I don’t know but something's gotta give, school may be the right answer.  We shall see…

 DSC02128

But I know that at 8am tomorrow all conflict will be forgotten and I will miss my high schooler, middle schooler, and 2nd grader like crazy.  The house will be far too quiet (and clean), and I will be sad. 

So today I’m going to enjoy the last day of summer with my “babies” and soak up every bit of them that I can.  I’m praying that I soak up love and respect rather than frustration and crankiness!

Oh, and I’m going to the foot dr today for my ankle.  Say a prayer that it is nothing big and I can run SOON!!!

So enjoy your day, soak up some love, and check your boobies!

xoxo

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...