Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Be Strong In The Lord

“Be strong in the LORD, and
Never give up hope.
You’re gonna do great things,
I already know.

God’s got His hand on you so,
Don’t live life in fear,
Forgive and forget,
But don’t forget why you’re here.

Take your time and pray,
These are the words I would say.”


Good Tuesday morning, friends!  The above lyrics are from a song by Sidewalk Prophets called, “These Are The Words I Would Say.”  I have loved this song since the first time I heard it.  Every time I hear it I tell my children that “this is my message to you.”  If I could leave them one message besides ‘I LOVE YOU!’, this would be it.

This song is fresh on my mind this morning because I heard it last night coming home from Katie’s gymnastics class in PB.  The sun was setting so beautifully in front of me and I just felt so close to God.  Do you ever have those moments when you are just so completely in His presence?  That’s what it was like. 

The drive is about 40 minutes (depends on whose lead-foot, or non lead-foot is drivingWinking smile), and it felt like mere MOMENTS last night.  Song after song of praise and worship music came on and I was singing and, yes, embarrassingly, even dancing some in my seat!  Luckily Katie isn’t at the age yet where she cares much, plus she was watching a Tinkerbell movie…but thankfully the drive to and from is not hugely populated so I didn’t meet too many cars to witness my driver’s seat dancing, er, squirming.  Now that I think about it, I wonder if people passing me just think I have to pee?!  Hahaha!

Ok, on to a foot update.

DSC02922

Please forgive the preschool-like drawings…but it doesn’t get much better than this with a mouse!! Smile  But you can see where it’s still puffy on the left side.  But it IS doing much better today.  I am still having some tenderness so I’m not running on it until it’s gone, but it is SO much better than Sunday afternoon/evening!  Yay!!  But thanks to a good friend who is a ACSM-certified Personal trainer (yes, the kind I want to be!), I’m pretty sure it is an inflamed peroneal tendon that is being cranky.  Rest and heal, little tendon. Red heart

I’m off to some some very low-impact kickboxing via DVD, and then hopefully get caught up on my laundry.  And I think I may need to take a tour of the kids’ rooms today…their dad was upstairs yesterday and declared it the “worst mess he’s ever seen.”  Uh-oh.  Any certain sisters want to come visit?!  Bahaha!!

Love you guys!

xoxo

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...