Sunday, August 14, 2011

Enjoyable Eighteen

Hey guys!  Happy Sunday!!  Are you doing anything fun or relaxing today?

I did both.  Well, kind of.Winking smile  If you consider running 18 miles fun…and I DO!!  Well, kind of.Winking smile Hahaha!

I had an 18-miler on the training schedule today.  I started looking forward to this run a few days ago when I started watching the weather forecast with the overnight temps going down, down, down.  So stoked.  It’s amazing how much the heat and humidity takes out of you.  When cooler temps prevail it feels like you gain some amazing strength…Thank You, Jesus.  I will consider the cool 66 degrees a “bonus” this morning since what I prayed for was safety and protection during my run…and I got all of the above.  Again, Thank You, Jesus!!

I can say without question, that this is MY STORY, FOR HIS GLORY. Red heart

2011-08-14_1443garmin

TOTAL DISTANCE: 18 MILES
TIME:  2:55:11
PACE:  9:43 !!!!!!!

I am always surprised how much stuff I have to get together for my long run each week!  I started getting things together last night in hopes I wouldn’t forget anything this morning.  Thankfully, I made it with everything I needed:

  • iPhone
  • Garmin Forerunner watch
  • Spibelt
  • Headphones
  • Bondi Band
  • Gum
  • Sport Beans
  • Honey Stingers Gummis
  • Aquafor
  • Towel
  • Water
  • Emergen-C
  • Powerade
  • Cooler

Geez!  No wonder I’m fearful of forgetting something!  I’ve never actually written the list down before!  I’m a high-maintenance runner!  Hahahaha Laughing out loud

Since I had so much time to pass today – heck, I ran almost 3 hours – I downloaded a book to listen to while I ran.  Music is great but, for me, I need something else for 3 hours.  After seeing a recommendation on Twitter the other day I bought “Bossypants” by Tina Fey.  I am over halfway through the 5+ hour book, and I am loving it!  She is so funny and kept it light.  Just the thing you need when you are gutting out 18 miles!  It was great.

As for the injury report, unfortunately I have a BAD to go along with the GOOD.

As always, let’s start with the good news first: even after 18 miles, my right quad feels good!  I noticed it a couple of times during my run but for the most part I didn’t notice it at all.  Yay!

BUT…

Here’s the bad news:  My left foot is really hurting when I walk. Sad smile  I noticed that it was getting sore towards the end of my run this morning, but I mean, I just ran 18 miles, of COURSE it’s going to hurt!  Everything hurts at the end of 18 miles!  But when I got home and proceeded to unload my 3 – count them, 3 – bags of ice out of the car for my ice bath, I could barely put any pressure on it when I walk.  The sore spot is to the sides of my Achilles Tendon, but not the tendon itself.  I can walk on my toes on my left side without any pain, but not the normal heel to toe strike.  So…I don’t know.  I’m a little concerned, but I’m praying that it is just an acute overuse thing and it will feel better very soon.  In any case, I’m not going to take any chances in making it worse so I’m resting it just to be sure.  Boo.

I guess that’s it for me right now.  I’m going to grab a snack and then some couch time!

Don’t take anything for granted, check your boobies, and hug somebody today!

xoxo

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...