Thursday, August 25, 2011

My New Running “Friend”

Hey y’all!

I am a happy, happy girl this morning!!  Why??

Because I did this: 2011-08-25_1002garmin

Yay!!!  It’s been a long ten days, my friends.  And these 8 miles felt goooooddddd!!  Oh running, how I have missed you!

IMG_3042

As far as marathon training goes, I’m going to push everything back a week and pick up with my step-back week on Sunday, with my long run being 10 miles next week.  I am so excited to be back.  I hope my ankle continues to feel the same. 

Speaking of my ankle, I now have a new friend to run with:
 IMG_3040

The dr told me to run with this brace and it will help keep my ankle stable and good to go.  It felt weird running with it this morning at first, but I quickly got used to it.  Get ready, brace, you and I are in for a lot of time together. Winking smile

I’ve also got to get my stretches in today. At the PT on Tuesday, Katie was showing me how to do some of the exercises they prescribed for me. She’s such a great help!

IMG_3039
I’m finishing my smoothie now and after I clean up I’m going to go upstairs and work on Katie’s room.  I nearly had a small heart attack when I went to wake her and Zach up this morning.  I didn’t say anything to her, though, because I didn’t want to upset her just before leaving for school.  Oh the things us mothers do…Smile 

Have a great Thursday, loves!

Eat something colorful (it’s healthier!), tell someone you love them, and check your boobies!

xoxo

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...