Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Back To School

My house was too quiet and boring today.

So quiet and boring, in fact, that this morning I had to lay down and take a little nap on the couch to the soft rhythm of the rain falling outside.  Are you ready to punch me yet?!  

~Sorry to my little sisters who spend their days in complete kid wonderful-ness…one who is a stay-at-home momma of two rambunctious little boys ages 3 and 1, and the other, the mother of a one year old AND a Kindergarten teacher.

But seriously, here is my thinking: Taking today off easy is not a big deal.  I think the first day back to school should be the Mommas day to collapse and enjoy the quietness of the household!  Yes, it may involve emptying the dishwasher or doing a load or two of laundry, but a nap is definitely OK in my book! 

Do I have any Mommas in agreement?? 

Well before said nap, I managed to take a quick picture of my kiddos before I took them to their first day of school.  Zachary and Katie were waiting and ready to have their picture taken…Tyler, notsomuch.

See the forced smile?

DSC02943


Well, I guess it’s better than the sophomore snarl.

DSC02942

I basically had to drag him outside to take a picture.  Geez!  At the end of our “discussion” he decided that the first day of school picture would be better taken at home than at the school.  Mmm hmm.  That’s what I thought. Winking smile

Zach and Katie were all smiles, though! 

Zach is now the big dog in the middle school building, being in 8th grade and all. DSC02939

And Katie, well, Katie will pose for a picture ANYTIME.  You never have to convince her to take a picture!DSC02940

Now that the day is done and everybody is back home from school and Wednesday night Youth Group at church, it is apparent that the first day took it’s toll on everybody. Sleepy smile There are not as many flips going on in the living room, and the boys aren’t out playing baseball with the pitching machine.  It is pretty peaceful this evening.  Everyone had a great first day of school! 

I’m going to unplug and enjoy the rest of my evening before bedtime. Sleeping half-moon

Love y’all!

xoxo

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...