Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Rain, Rain, Go Away

Hey guys!

Do you know what happens tomorrow?  No?  Well I’ll help you out:
 2011-04-26_0844nycmarathon

Yep.  That’s right!  Tomorrow is the drawing for the lottery spots for the New York Marathon that takes place this November!!!

I registered for the New York Marathon lottery drawing MONTHS ago, in hopes that my name would be drawn to run the legendary marathon.  The drawing for said lottery is TOMORROW!  Now I know the chances are not good to be drawn, but you never know…SOMEBODY’S going to get in!  May as well be me, right? Winking smile

In other news, the weather has completely taken up our lives this week.  School has been cancelled yesterday and again today because of all the floodwaters around our area.  Our beautiful Current River looks like the muddy Mississippi and is WAY, WAY out of its banks.
 IMG_2555


Now if you compare this picture to the ones I have previously posted, you can see that we are still on guard, because the river is still rising.  We had more rain and storms move through the area yesterday and last night, and although today is sunny and beautiful (as you can see), there is more forecasted for tonight.  Boo!

FLOOD2011BRIDGE


I know people who are having to move out of their homes due to rising water, and in PB levees are breaking and people are currently being evacuated.  Our town is certainly on high alert with sandbags around some of the low-lying businesses.  We are all praying that the sandbagging will not be necessary and that the river will begin to recede.  Please pray with us!
 

FLOOD2011DONIPHANBRIDGE


And I know I have talked before about all our fun summer times at our cabin.  Well, this was our cabin at 7 o’clock this morning.  YIKES!!  We are praying that water doesn’t get in it, OR that something like a tree or another building doesn’t wash down the river and smash into it.  This picture makes me sad.

 FLOOD2011CABIN

I am SO READY for summer, and good times at our cabin.  Like this,

Jan2010 020

And views like this,

memorialdaywknd

Komen2010 011

We are praying for God’s Hand to protect our “happy place” and also everyone who is being affected by the flooding.  We know HE IS MIGHTY AND CERTAINLY ABLE. 


“I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.”
Psalm 121:1-2


God Bless.

xoxo

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...