Friday, April 8, 2011

Second Marathon In Sight

I am SO HAPPY that it is FRIDAY!!!  The weekend is here and I am soooooo close to running my second marathon on Sunday!! 

Oh, and I am also so relieved that they have pushed back the chances of stormy weather to Sunday evening and race morning looks clear!  Yippee!!  Well, it’s going to be WARM but at least it won’t be storming. Open-mouthed smile  I’ll take it!2011-04-08_1111weather

We leave tomorrow for STL and first on our agenda is to check into our hotel and get roll aways in each of our rooms, because the hotel only had king rooms available.  So one of the boys will be on the roll away in our room, and the other in my parents’ room…I mean, where else would they sleep, the bathtub?! Winking smile  Then it’s off to packet pick up and the expo!

2011-04-08_1115determination

Tomorrow night I am speaking at the pre-race pasta dinner for the American Cancer Society program DetermiNation.  I had never heard of this program before so after a friend, who is involved with them, called and asked me if I would want to speak the night before the race I, of course, said yes.  To read more about DetermiNation, you can click here

-Heehee, the sassy part of me likes the back of that shirt.Smile with tongue out

I spent this morning going for an easy 5-miler outside.  I put no times in my head, I just ran easy and listened to the end of the “Heaven Is For Real” book…gosh it was good and makes my heart so happy and hopeful.  Love love love it.  I highly recommend it!  It was pretty warm outside and by the end I was dripping with sweat,

IMG_2477

 

And then I sat back on the picnic table and enjoyed the rest at the end of my marathon training.  I’ve done all I can do to prepare and now I’m just ready to run on Sunday and give it all I’ve got.

IMG_2481

 

Later, gators!

xoxo

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...