Monday, April 18, 2011

2nd Annual Lending A Hand River Run

First of all, let me back up to Saturday and our 2nd Annual Lending A Hand Fund’s

RIVER RUN!

We had the most amazing number of pre-registered runners and walkers this year!  Last year we were around 70-something people who were pre-registered, and this year we were close to 200!!!  Whoa!  That totally blew our socks off!  That is so awesome for ANY event around here, but for this to only be our second year putting on this run/walk is SO EXCITING!!  I am always so impressed by our community and the support it gives to those who are in need…they always step up BIGTIME and have never let us down. 

RRCROWD2

RRCROWD3

RRDONATIONSAPPR

The only thing that I can be disappointed in this year was the weather. Sad smile  It wasn’t raining (thankfully), but it was cold and cloudy.  NOT great weather when you’re trying to draw a crowd for last minute registrations and for selling food/drinks/merchandise.  BUT people came and showed their support; runners (such as me) sporting heavy coats right up until the moment the bus left for the start line.

RRLOADBUS

 

The 5k run went good.  We start our race going uphill so that’s always tricky.  But I always say that I would rather START on a hill and get it over with, than FINISH on one!  Plus, it just makes our course interesting.  I made the mistake of trying to sprint up the hill as soon as the gun went off just as I did last year, but my marathon legs weren’t having any of that.  I didn’t make it very far before having to stop, walk, and start all over.  After that I was fine and boogied along for the rest of the distance.  I ended up finishing as the 5th female at 24:28.  Tyler and Zachary also ran the 5k, and Katie ran the 1-mile all doing great!  I am a super-proud runner Mama!!

2011-04-18_1606garmin

 

I was also glad that Maggie was there!  I’ve missed her so much!!  Here’s Tiff, Mags, and I:

RRTIFFMAGME

Survivors at our finest!!!  Woot, Woot!!

Talk to you soon!

xoxo

RRFINISH

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...