Saturday, November 22, 2008

Steroid High

So it seems that the day after chemo will now be referred to my steroid-high day! The day before the 2-day crash! Today I have cleaned my bathroom, done a load of laundry, and stripped all the beds and I almost have the last one remade. I have also made a pot of creamy chicken and wild rice soup that smells sooooo good! I have picked up the mail...and I got 2 new scarves in, woohoo! It seems the only thing I haven't done today is run! I am about ready, though, to hit the couch for the afternoon, after I do my Bible study. My "high" may be wearing off! Coming.down.slowly!

Thank you to all of you who have offered prayers and thoughts for my friend. She found out that it is a recurrence of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, only 5 months after she finished chemo and only 3 months after a clean pet scan. Ugh. So her protocol is for her to do more chemo, a stem cell transplant, and then radiation. The only thing I could think to tell her was that we are a team. We are going to beat this together. And the Lord worked it out perfectly that my next 2 chemo treatments and her 1st two chemo treatments are at the same time! And by the time she does radiation, we will be also ready to start radiation. So that will awesome to have somebody to share the trips and the experience with...although I wish she wasn't having to do any of it! But, you must look at the positive. Attitude is everything with something like this. You can't let it drag you down, or let it beat you. You have to fight, fight, fight! So she and I are gearing up to FIGHT TOGETHER! Hope ya'll have a wonderful Saturday!

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...