Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Long Night

Good Morning all! It was a long night for me...bah. I am having this whole sinus-drainage thing going on and it's making my throat a little sore, and basically, freaking me out a little bit because when you are on chemo you have to be vigilant about getting sick. Now, I am getting the Neulasta shot, which helps, but it won't absolutely protect you from picking up any bug. Any fever of 100 sustained for an hour, or a fever at any time of 100.4 means a trip to the dr or ER, because my body is limited in what it can fight off right now. So, as I sat here last night with my legs aching (from the shot, but not being able to take a Tylenol for the discomfort as it will mask a fever), watching the election coverage, I was taking my temp like every 30 mins or so. The highest I recorded was 98.9, Thank You Jesus! But I still woke up intermittently through the night to take it, to make sure it was ok. And my legs were aching and I couldn't get comfortable...it was just a long night! I didn't take my anti-nausea meds yesterday afternoon and evening because I wasn't feeling sick, but this morning I was a little queasy so I popped a pill. Within 30 mins I was feeling better, but now I'm just tired and I'm still taking my temp! I hope that I never do run a fever, but IF I do, I hope it is during the day when things seem easier to manage. Our closest ER is 45 mins away and getting kids up and around in the middle of the night is.not.fun. So please pray that God heals my little sinus thing-y and that I will feel much better by this afternoon.

So far this morning I have worked on my Bible study. I started week 5 of "Believing God" by Beth Moore. Powerful stuff I'll tell ya! It seems like she is speaking directly to me each and every time. Praise God! Today's lesson highlighted 2 beloved verses:

"...I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you." Joshua 1:5
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

I know I have posted the second one before, but it means so much to me that I had to include it again. I am so grateful that God has me in His grip and will not let go. And He reminds me time after time, "I got this." I only pray that my grip on Him is as tight as His is on me. Have a great day!

2 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Feel better!!

Great verses.

Simple and Divine said...

Hang in there, ANGEL GIRL! Your strength is BEYOND admirable and I will continue to hold you HIGH in my prayers and deep in my heart and thoughts! Stay Strong! I wish I could take away every OUNCE of discomfort you have been feeling! If I could, I would in a heartbeat. Love you girl! *Fist Pumps and Hugs*

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...