Friday, November 21, 2008

2 Down, 4 To Go!!

So here we are in St. Louis at Siteman, having our 2nd chemo treatment! I am in the recliner as we speak, getting all loaded up with pre-meds at the moment. I wanted a bed because we will be here for about 4 hours, but there wasn't one available. I was kinda disappointed about it, because when they assign "pods" to patients (the areas where treatments are given), they should make sure they have both beds and recliners available so we can choose. Ugh. Anyway, that is my only rant for the day so that's good!
I was enjoying my pre-med phase of the treatment, which includes lots of Benadryl! I had no idea he took this pic...obvi!
My appointment with Dr. Pluard went great this morning. He said my blood work looked fantastic and he was extremely impressed with my activity level. He said he didn't think he had drove as many miles as I had run these last 3 weeks (which was 58 miles if anyone's counting). So he told us to go do it again! Repeat exactly as before. That is what I wanted to hear, of course minus the sinus/congestion stuff we spread throughout our house last time!

My in-laws got to the house this morning to do the "grandparent thing" today. They took the boys to school and then Nana Norma and Katie were going to the dollar store to do some serious shopping. It's Katie's fave store, ya know! And then I think they were going to bake a cake and do girl-stuff. They will have a ball today. And they they will pick up the kids after school, too. They are making dinner for us as well. Praise God for helping hands!

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance." James 1:2

2 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Faaaaabulous!!! :-)

Have fun with the family!!!

HangryPants said...

You are such an amazing person. I know I don't comment all the time, but I read and I am just in awe. You really remind me not to complain. Congrats on the good appointment. :D

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...