Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Having Faith

Things are on the upswing in our household! Praise God! My hubby went to see Michelle yesterday and he got an antibiotic shot plus a round of oral antibiotics, and Katie got worse the night before last, so now she is also on antibiotics. Geez, I think we all need to be on a steady drip of iv antibiotics until my last treatment! Trying to keep everybody well is stressful! I am continuing to feel much better, but now I have this lower abdominal tenderness that we are not sure what it is...no other symptoms, nausea, fever, etc. Because of course I was convinced that it was my appendix at first...you know I'm a hypochondriac now! Ugh. So I am watching that for new and different symptoms, per drs orders. Please pray it is absolutely nothing, certainly not my appendix...I do not need to deal with anything else right now! But, despite everything, I got up and ran 5 miles this morning...it felt amazing! My whole day gets started off on the right note when I feel like getting a run in. The day is not very pretty here today, cloudy and cold. All the boys in our house are watching the weather reports like crazy this week...firearms deer season opens this Saturday for 10 days. It is like a holiday around here. Seriously, school is out on Monday because there are so many kids gone that they thought it would be better to just have it as a scheduled day off rather than have so many absent! And it's been like that as long as I can remember...Crazy, huh?! But that's how we roll around here!

I still have my hair as of now. I am watching it very closely these days! Everybody I've talked to says 14 days-ish is when it starts to fall out, today is day 13. I feel kinda like I am waiting for the other shoe to drop! Of course I would prefer NOT to lose it, but I know that's probably not likely. So if it's going to fall out, I kinda wish it would start already so I can break out the clippers and just shave it...get it over with! It's driving me crazy waiting and not knowing what it's going to do. So we'll see. I know that God knows exactly what's going to happen, and it gives me so much comfort that He is in control and He is forever faithful. I will continue to lean on Him and believe. Hope ya'll have a great Wednesday!

"Let us hold on to the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful." Hebrews 10:23

"God is our refuge and strength, a helper who is always found in times of trouble." Psalm 46:1

1 comment:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Hooray!!! Hope everything continues to be well with you, Erica.

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...