Friday, August 20, 2010

Stand Up

It’s really hard for me to cry nowadays. 

clip_image002So why am I now the “only dry eye in the house?”  Well, several months ago I was put on a antidepressant, safe for breast cancer patients to take, that has a “side effect” of reducing hot flashes.  So yeah, I’m taking it to be cool…literally;-)  And while it hasn’t taken the hot flashes away completely, it HAS made them less frequent.  Score!

clip_image002Another thing I have noticed is that when I feel particularly moved to cry, I can’t…or, don’t.  I guess this is the antidepressant part.  Coming from a family of women who are known for getting teary at a Folgers commercial (yeah, you know the one), this isn’t all bad;-) 

clip_image002So when I feel moved to cry lately I know that whatever it  is, is something that has hit me directly in the heart.  I know that it is real, and comes from a place deep down inside.  It may be happy or sad, AND I know it is POWERFUL.

clip_image002Well that’s how I feel about this video for Stand Up 2 Cancer.  As soon as I saw it on Jacki’s blog, I felt that deep ache in my chest as I watched it.  It is painful for me to see the odds that men and women have of facing cancer in their lifetime.  It’s staggering…and scary.

clip_image002So have a look at this video.  Hopefully it will move you to watch, and possibly participate, in the September telecast.  It will be broadcast on all the major networks and other channels as well.  show-featureIt is the last thing any cancer survivor wants is for others to have to go through the things they have gone through.  It is my daily prayer that we find a cure sometime in the near future.

 

clip_image005 all men and women across the globe to support research and treatment to find a cure!

xoxo

“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”  Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...