Wednesday, August 25, 2010

“Back To School, Back To School, To Prove To Mom That I’m No Fool, Ohhhh…”

Anybody remember Billy Madison?!  I have no idea WHY this song popped into my head as I was thinking about a title, but I guess it’s as good as any!

You have no idea how hard it was to get this picture of all three kids this morning!  The boys were adamant that they were not going to take first day of school pictures this morning, but after I told them,

“We can either take them here, or I will take them at school,”

they were happy to comply;-)  Well, maybe not happy, but they did take pictures.  So here they are, my high schooler, my junior high kid, and my elementary princess!  Aren’t they a good lookin’ bunch?!August2010 014

Now Katie on the other hand was rushing me out the door to take her pictures this morning!  She was SO excited and was ready before anyone else.  My child who could sleep ‘til noon if I’d let her bounded out of bed promptly at seven.  Oh, is she the cutest first grader you’ve ever seen or what?! August2010 004August2010 006August2010 009 

They humored their Mama and snapped a couple of pics with me, too.  What good kids:-) August2010 010August2010 013 

And then we headed off to school!  Tyler had me drop him off at the high school, which was so weird for me!  Zachary got out of the car at the junior high without so much as a “Bye, Mom.”  I need to remind him that I could still embarrass the fire out of him, so I had better at least get a word or two…it’s not like I’m asking for a big kiss and give him a spit bath for the breakfast that was still left on his face!  Geez! 

But Katie  never disappoints with photo ops!  She easily found her desk and unpacked her things.  She found her cubby and hung her backpack up with care.  And after snapping a pic with her new teacher, Mrs. Napier, she was off to find some of her buddies.  August2010 021 August2010 024August2010 025 And with that, my big girl was off to play!  She’s going to have a great day!  As will the boys, although they won’t realize just how great these days are until they are my age;-)

Can you guess what I did after that?!  If you guessed an outside run, oh yeah!

DISTANCE

TIME
MILE 1 9:10
MILE 2 8:50
MILE 3 9:29
MILE 4 9:43
MILE 5 10:54
MILE 6 10:35

TOTAL

58:44

My pacing was really off today, but I’ve been on the TM for several days in a row so it didn’t really surprise me.  And I’ve been putting in some heavy mileage this week, averaging 10 miles/day the last three days so I didn’t push it too much.

It was a beautiful way to start the day!  Proof:August 09 007August2010 029August2010 032

So beautiful.  There is a reason they call this God’s country, because it is truly breathtaking…just like Him.  I just stand in awe of His creation. 

I wonder if He was having a humorous day when he created creatures such as the walking stick:August2010 019

Hehe;-)  Have a blessed day, friends!

xoxo

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...