Thursday, August 26, 2010

Across The Board

Well, the ratings for the first day of school seem to be all across the board.  Here’s the short versions of the reactions I received:

Tyler- “Oh my gosh, I have SO much to do.  I am never going to have time to do anything!”

Zachary- “Ah, it was pretty much the same…same building, same teachers, it was ok.”

Katie- “It was the BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!  First grade is awesome and EASY!  And Mom, we had PE and I wore FLIP-FLOPS!  You can’t run fast in flip-flops!”

See what I mean?!  Across the board.  They range from the stressed out high schooler, to the laid back jr high boy, to the ecstatic princess.  Yep, that’s my kids!

So after an evening of filling out all the necessary school paperwork, we settled in and watched the Cardinals get beat…BOO!  The kids must have been exhausted because they all went to bed without having to be asked twice, even Katie.  That’s when you know she had a good day; well, that and the black ring around my tub from her bath this evening…a sure sign of a good day;-)

I was ecstatic this morning when I woke up because the temps were in the 50s!!!!!  I absolutely could not wait to head out for a run!  And let me tell ya, it did not disappoint because I cruised along for 7 glorious miles in the fresh, cool air.

MILE 1 9:38
MILE 2 9:16
MILE 3 9:12
MILE 4 9:23
MILE 5 9:15
MILE 6 9:18
MILE 7

11:29 <---phone call from my hubby slowed me down

TOTAL 1:07:34

August2010 010

As you can see, my splits were MUCH better than yesterday.  When I start out too quick, the run feels hard and horrible.  But when I make a point to watch my pace and stay steady the whole run feels amazing.  My average pace today was 9:38/mile, or 6.2 mph.  If I can just pick up my sustainable pace just a little more, I will be on track for my goal of breaking 2 hours at the Kansas City Half Marathon in October.  I need to do more speed work I guess.

My playlist was filled with survivor songs this morning, which really kept me going!  These are GREAT songs to empower anyway, but especially us breast cancer warriors and survivors!  I highly recommend them:

  1. I Run for Life – Melissa Etheridge
  2. boobyliciousFight Like A Girl – Bomshel
  3. Pink Warrior – Candy Coburn
  4. I Will Survive – Gloria Gaynor
  5. Just Stand Up! – Beyonce and friends
  6. Jesus & Gravity – Dolly Parton
  7. Trading My Sorrows – Shout Praises Kids

August2010 020

I’m still sporting my FIGHT Bondiband, which I love!  In fact I love it so much that I just received five more bands that I ordered.  I will have to put them in the rotation so you can see them, too!  I love ‘em!  I think I need to get a free one or something for all the raving I am doing about them;-)

Well tomorrow is Friday, and that means another trip back to STL.  I have a day of drs appointments to look forward to.  Yippee!  (sarcasm)  Tomorrow is labs and a checkup with my oncologist, and also an appointment with my breast dr to get my mammogram.  Praying and believing for another perfect one!!!  I’d be lying if I told you that I wasn’t worried about it at all, though.  I’m just ready to have it over with.  BUT three positives I AM looking forward to:

  1. I’m going to get to see all my Siteman girlies at the infusion center and visit with them some.
  2. Jack and I are going out to dinner with my oncologist and his wife tomorrow night, she is a sweetie and of course we just love Dr. Tim so it will be a great celebration for my mammogram report;-)
  3. A night away with my hubby, which is always wonderful <3

So I DO have some positives in my day.  It helps to focus on those…even when you really have to dig down and find something tiny, hang on to the positive!  There’s ALWAYS something!

xoxo

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...