Thursday, July 26, 2012

Bikini Bootcamp

I’m not sure what I was thinking when I decided to try a new workout DVD the day after doing Extreme Burn…apparently I wasn’t, because man!  It was brutal!  An hour and fifteen minutes of a hardcore workout.  Do NOT underestimate Jeanette Jenkins’ Bikini Bootcamp!

IMG_3798

I thought the pool made a nice background for the whole bikini-theme.Winking smile

Just let me say, I love Jeanette Jenkins’ workout DVDs.  Her cardio kickboxing is one of my very favorites.  I like her personality, her motivation and encouragement, and her style.  She kicks my butt without making me want to cuss.  All in all, we could totally be best friends, ya know?

So when I noticed her Bikini Body DVD on Amazon, I did not hesitate to order it up, and lo-and-behold, it came yesterday! 

IMG_3796

Do not think for one second that the whole “bikini” thing makes this workout any easier…it does not.  The cardio is heart-pounding and the strength portion backs it up with lots of moves with dumbbells.  After all that, you still have abs to do!  My heart rate monitor tells the story perfectly-

2012-07-26_11132012-07-26_1112

Umm, yeah.  That’s as close to a run as I’ve had in the last 6 weeks I think! 

I stopped my HRM at the one-hour mark when I laid down on the floor to do abs and stretching because I KNEW my butt had been kicked in the first hour and I just wanted to see how my HR measured up.  I still had a pretty good HR during the 15-minute floor-portion, but obviously not near as high as when I was up and bouncing and lifting.  I’ll let it go next time just to see. 

I’m very impressed.

Today’s Prayer #SheReadsTruth readings-

IMG_3795

Shower time!

xoxo IMG_3775

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...