Saturday, May 26, 2012

RipDeck

Have you ever heard of RipDeck?!

ripdeck

Well basically it is a MUCH less messy of the playing card workout that I’ve done before.  And I love it!

In the playing card workout, I take a deck of cards and assign an exercise to each suit.  For example, hearts are lunges, diamonds are situps, and so on.  Then after shuffling the cards I put them in a stack and start drawing them one at a time.  The suit determines the move and the number on the card determines the number of times I perform the move.  It’s pretty cool, and just an easy way to get an at-home workout and a GREAT way to change up your routine.  Although I haven’t done it in awhile, I really like it!

Last night I was reading Caitlin’s post on “Best Fitness Apps.”  Along with her mentioning MY SUGGESTION of the GymBoss app (cool!), her suggestion of the RipDeck app immediately caught my eye.  I downloaded the app and tried it this morning after my 4.15 mi. walk/run. 

IMG_2721

And the verdict….PERFECT!!!  It is essentially my playing card workout with no cards to shuffle or having to write down what suit is what (because I always forgot).  Plus any workout that is new every time and incorporates technology is a win in my book!  Score! 

IMG_2722

IMG_2723

IMG_2724

IMG_2725

IMG_2726

IMG_2727

You can set it at different fitness levels that determines what moves you will do, and at the end it shows you a summary screen that tells your total time plus breaks down how long it took to do each individual exercise.  I think it’s very cool. 

IMG_2728

IMG_2729

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So I know I already posted earlier this morning, but I wanted to share this with you before I forgot and also before the holiday weekend festivities began!  Whatever you’re doing this weekend, remember to be safe and remember WHY we have the freedoms to celebrate. Peace

Blessings.

xoxo

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...