Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Enter The Freshman

Well today was the day…

My baby boy graduated from the 8th grade today.

IMG_2481

I promise you that this sweet boy was just this tiny, like, yesterday:

2012-05-08 0011

And now he’s all ready for high school!  Well…they will give him his diploma after I pay his lunch bill…oops.  Actually, none of my kids will be getting their report cards until I pay their lunch bills.  What?!  Doesn’t everyone wait until the end of the year to pay their kids’ lunch bills??  No?  Hmm.  Guess I’d better go do that tomorrow ----> the LAST OFFICIAL DAY OF SCHOOL!!!

I have my babies for a whole summer!  Yay!!!

This morning on my way to take Zach and Katie to school, Katie says, “You know what Mom?  We go to school for EIGHT HOURS every day.”

Me: “I know.  That’s a long time huh?  You and Zach are going to have to figure out how you’re going to get along for those EIGHT HOURS every day, now that summer vacation is here!”

Katie: ---blank stare---

Me: ---Note to self: have the Excedrin and Calgon at the ready Winking smile---

But back to graduation, today was a good day.  I didn’t cry, just sat amazed at how big all these kids are getting!  To see the little girls looking like young ladies and the little boys growing into young men makes me do a double take.  So proud of the VBHS Class of 2016!!

IMG_2457

IMG_2458

 

2012-05-08 0012

 

After graduation, the fun began!  Several of Zach’s classmates came up to swim and they all had a great time!  This group could be a handful in a couple of years! Winking smile

2012-05-08 001

 

The fun has only just begun, kids!  Hold on for the times of your lives!  Especially one certain freshman:

IMG_2467

Wow.  My sweet [still] baby boy. Red heart

xoxo

“Train up a child in the way he should go,
And when he is old he will not depart from it.” Proverbs 22:6

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...