Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Show A Little PINK Love!

Do not be afraid of tomorrow; for God is already there. maggie3 I am sending out this message to a very special young lady who recently became a breast cancer survivor on the day of her diagnosis. Yes, the DAY of diagnosis. Because until you’ve been there, you have no idea just how much SURVIVING actually takes place leading up to the point of treatment and surgery. I remember actually feeling very relieved once treatment started; it meant the waiting was over and the cancer-killing had begun.

There’s something special about starting treatment during breast cancer awareness month. My first chemo was also in October, in 2008, and it was so uplifting to see all the pink everywhere. It made me feel so supported and not alone in my battle. I hope Maggie feels stronger every single time she sees that little pink ribbon!

maggiedusty2 So if you wouldn’t mind to send prayers, good thoughts and wishes to Maggie, as tomorrow is her first chemo treatment. She is a fighter, and she is going to come out on the other side of this stronger than she ever imagined! It’s a scary thing, for sure…but it’s totally do-able…and I have no doubt that Maggie will be kicking cancer to the curb (with all of our support!) starting tomorrow. Hi-Yah!!

You can visit Maggie’s blog here and leave her some love <3

We are going to STL tomorrow for my first appointment with my dermatologist. I’ve never been, so I figured while everything else is getting checked out I may as well start checking my skin, too. Geez. Is there any OTHER parts of my body that we need to look at?! Don’t answer that. …sigh… And we are also going to crash Maggie's chemo party; we also share the same fabulous doctor (2 of them, actually!).

BUT TONIGHT is a very fun night! At tonight’s VB Jr. High basketball games it is PINK NIGHT!!! Coaches, players, and fans will all be decked out in PINK in support of BREAST CANCER AWARENESS! How cool is this gonna be?! I am so excited!! We got the boys’ team some pink and white ribbon wristbands to wear tonight and all the kids are in pink today, too. I’ll share the pics with you, promise;-)

Alrighty, I’m off to find something quick for dinner…gotta love these game night “meals”!

Love y’all!

xoxo

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...