Monday, October 25, 2010

Fall?

Hmmm, isn’t it supposed to be Fall?  I mean, my calendar says “October” but it feels like anything other than October in southeast Missouri right now!

The highs today are again in the 80s!  And it cools off in the evenings some, but not enough to squash my mammoth hot flashes.  I am back to turning on the air conditioner before we go to bed…we were using the heat a couple weeks ago!  Crazy. 

Even though it doesn’t feel much like Fall outside, the trees must be going by the calendar not the temps because they are B-E-A-UTIFUL!

September10 008

September10 010

Thankfully this morning’s run was so much better than yesterday’s!  It was a great 8.25 miler, and I left yesterday’s bad run in the dust with every step I took.  Yay! 

Here’s the splits

MILE 1 9:04
MILE 2 8:53
MILE 3 8:46
MILE 4 9:12
MILE 5 8:57
MILE 6 9:01
MILE 7 9:07
MILE 8 10:14
MILE .25 2:28

TOTAL: 8.25 MILES

TIME: 1:15:46

PACE: 9:11/MILE

So now that the week is started off with a good run, I’m going to go start getting things ready for

TRUNK OR TREAT

which is this Saturday night at our church!  We are doing an Upwards Cheerleading theme this year, since we at First Baptist are organizing our first year of Upward Sports!!  I’m so excited about this outreach ministry in our community!  So I’m off to make a giant megaphone! Open-mouthed smile

Have a fabulous day!

xoxo

“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men,” Colossians 3:23

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...