Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Back At It

Hey there:-)

How’s the week treatin’ ya?  Good I hope;-)  We are having beautiful fall weather here in the Ozarks…cool nights and sunny and warming up in the daytime.  Very nice!  It makes it kinda hard to know how to dress in the morning, but it’s ok…it’s so beautiful.  fallleaves1

I started the week taking it pretty easy running-wise.  There were one day there that I was pretty sure I would need a lift to get me on and off the toilet.  No joke.  And stairs??  Forget about it…if it was on another floor and I needed it, oh well!  But the soreness is pretty much all gone now, thankfully and this morning I enjoyed my first post-marathon mid-distance run. 

7 glorious (and chilly!) miles done in 1:02:23.

Just call me speedy today!  I’m actually attributing it to a new running style I’m trying out – more up on the balls of my feet rather than the usual heel-toe foot strike that most of us do.  It was pointed out to me by a good friend after watching something on tv about barefoot running and how our natural stride is actually better for the joints (ie – knees, hips, spine) than the heel-toe method. 

It was so interesting, and made sense to me that I thought I’d give it a whirl.  You never know when you could learn something, right?  [Note: certainly NO barefoot running for me…just a change in the way I stride.  I’m a tender-footed girl;-)] 

So far I’ve found it to hold true.  My calves are more sore, but I’m gonna play with it a little and see what happens.  The increased speed at less effort is the first thing I’m noticing for sure! 

On a complete other note, I’m speaking at a Women’s Event tomorrow night at First Baptist Church in Poplar Bluff and I would appreciate your thoughts and prayers as I get my thoughts in order.  I pray that God would give me the words to say and that His blessings would be poured out on us all.  AND that He would take away my nerves completely!  Amen and Amen!

Talk to ya later!

xoxo   

1 comment:

Jen said...

Lovely picture!! I love Fall :)

Jen
http://jenslosinit.blogspot.com/

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...