Saturday, May 21, 2011

16 Years and One Day Late

Welllll, this post was actually supposed to go up YESTERDAY…on our 16th wedding anniversary.  Oops!  I worked on it some during the day, then got bogged down in looking for pictures and combining that with all my usual “stuff” that goes on during the day…are you really surprised it got minimized and not finished?!  I mean, really.  So here we go…Red rose

****************************************************************************************************

Happy Anniversary to my forever sweetheart!  I cannot believe it has been sixteen years since we said “I do.”  In some ways it seems like yesterday, and in others it feels like ages ago. 

It is impossible to put into words what our sixteen years has meant to me, and all the love that we share.  I attempted this morning on facebook:

2011-05-20_1345facebookanniversary

Even that doesn’t even begin to scratch the surface of our lives together.  So, rather than trying to tell you in words that I know will not be enough, I have decided to show you in pictures instead.
 

scan

scan0002

scan0004

jacknerica

reunion

October 09 047

Komen2010 035

November10 077 christmaseve10

MOMBDAY2011

It was a pretty low-key anniversary.  Of course, after going to Vegas last year for our 15th, almost anything would seem low-key!  We kept it simple and went out to dinner and then watched the Cardinals game with our kids.  Simple, yes, but that’s what we both wanted to do.  It’s the little things, really.

Cherish a special relationship today, and don’t take one day (or year) for granted.

xoxo

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...