Tuesday, January 18, 2011

On My Mind

“And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:19

If you are on Facebook you no doubt are familiar with the status update box at the top of the screen:

What-is-on-your-mind-facebook

Well I have two things on my mind today [ok well maybe a hundred, but two that stand out that I want to let you know about].

The first is the Siesta Scripture Memory Team from Beth Moore’s LPM Blog.  If you have been reading for awhile, you may remember when I participated in the SSMT in 2009.  And yes, IT’S BACK!  By popular demand, I am sure. Smile

For those of you who don’t know what in the world I’m talking about, Beth Moore is a highly respected and amazing woman of God.  Her books and Bible studies have a way of working in my mind and then reaching down to touch my heart like nothing else I’ve ever read.  If I am ever so blessed as to meet her, I will probably, no I will, fall all to pieces while I hug her neck and tell her how her Believing God study got me through breast cancer and all my treatments.  How, with her guidance, I walked back up to God and tugged on His beautiful robe, longing to be closer to Him; and He in turn, picked me up and dusted me off and pulled me onto His lap.  Are you getting this?  I think this woman is pure awesome.  And you put a sweet southern accent and big hair in the picture and you have an amazing woman with an amazing gift for teaching women about our Lord Jesus Christ.  As Beth would say, “I’m just crazy about her!”

Bible-and-spiral-300x295

How the Siesta Scripture Memory Team (SSMT) works is this: 

On the 1st and the 15th of each month, choose a Bible verse to memorize, focus on, pray over, etc.

Go to the LPM Blog and post your verse as a comment on the post that calls for it, and then write it in a little spiral notebook for yourself. 

That’s it!

Well, that’s not IT, but that is all the hard work.  Just let God do the rest.  Let your verse speak to your heart as you meditate on it, and read it over and over.  I got such a blessing the last time I participated, and when I looked back over my spiral at the end of the year I could almost recount what was going on at any particular time by reading the verses.  Like my verse from January 15, 2009 was:

“Moreover the Lord your God will send the hornet among them until even the survivors who hide from you have perished.”  Deuteronomy 7:20

This was during chemotherapy and in my mind, God was sending the “hornet” [the chemotherapy] to search and kill cancer cells who were hiding somewhere in my body.  Cool right?!  I received such a blessing and a comfort by joining in the SSMT last time, and I am expecting nothing less this time around.

So…if you are interested, go get you a spiral and join us!  I promise you will be blessed, sisters.

Spiral-230x300 

Ok, so the second thing is a prayer request that I have come across by way of the Living Proof Ministries Blog.  A fellow Siesta, Joanne, needs as many prayers as we can send up. 

joanne

She is a 38 year old wife and mother, who had a massive stroke last week at her home.  She is currently in ICU in a deep coma while they try to keep the pressure in her brain low.  Her blog is called The Simple Wife and you can get updates there from her husband, Toben, and other friends and family.  You can also use the links provided there to further help out the Heim family if you are so led.  But the most important thing they need right now is much prayer for strength and healing.  Thanks. Red heart

I am off to study some more for my 2nd UPWARD cheer practice which is tonight!  Golly I just love these little girls! 

Have a great day, my lovelies.

xoxo

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...