Friday, December 11, 2009

Post-Op Update


Hello friends, I am so happy to be writing to you from HOME today! I got discharged yesterday early afternoon, and I'm not kidding you when I say that I had my clothes on before the nurse could get out the door ;-) My iv had already been stopped, I was going the bathroom and eating well, so there really wasn't any reason to stay any longer. My dr said that I could, of course, if for no reason other than rest, but I KNEW I would rest better at home. Which, I have.

Tuesday, the day prior to surgery, we had a great time enjoying the day in the city. We shopped at the Galleria and ate at the Cheesecake Factory for lunch...yes, yum-o. And I found the most perfect and beautiful purse at the Coach store, but it was not to be...mainly because I had the hubby with me, but also because it was $300...sigh... I thought he was going to choke when I was showing him the purse and then the price tag just sealed the deal. Oh well.

When my parents got into town, they took us out to dinner at Charlie Gitto's on the Hill. OMGosh. No words. It was the most delicious meal I have ever eaten in my life. The guys had prime rib and mom and I had chicken breasts stuffed with spinach, artichoke hearts, and ricotta cheese and served with angel hair pasta with pesto. Oh, I am drooling as I type! We couldn't leave without dessert of course, so mom had the creme brule, and I had a cannoli. Not only were there no words for how delicious it all was, but also no words for how completely stuff we were! It was ahhh-mazing.

Surgery day (Wednesday) went great. The patient scheduled for surgery before me didn't show up (what?!) so since I was there, I got bumped up a couple of hours, Yes! There's nothing worse than waiting. My dr said the procedure went perfectly and that I have the most perfect uterus and ovaries...well ok! And the residents assisting her said that they rarely see any organs that are so "textbook." She even gave me some pics of them from inside...I decided to spare you. She also removed my port, Hallelujah! So nice, I tell ya.

So today I am resting at home with my feet up. It actually feels better to be up, but I'm trying not to do too much. My hubby did a pretty good job getting kids ready and out the door for school. But they still needed me ;-) My sister, Layne, and her fam are here for the weekend so they are going to come over in a little while. And Jessica's baby shower is here at my house tomorrow...never a dull moment around here!

Thank you all for your prayers, please continue to pray for a quick and easy recovery! Love y'all!



VeggieGirl said...

WELCOME HOME!!! Still always praying xo

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear everything went well. Praying for an easy (and relaxing) recovery for ya!

Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) said...

Welcome home!! Here's to a steady recovery! :)

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...