Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Recap

Well it’s been a little while, y’all!  Guess you can say I was too busy and having too much fun to write any posts;-)  I have been seriously slacking on my blog writing and reading for the past week…it has been so crazy around here.  As it has in your homes, too, I’m sure!

If I wrote about all the busy-ness we’ve had in the past week or so, the post would go on for many more pages than any of us have time to read so here are the highlights:

  • My mom had eye surgery the Monday before Christmas to lift her droopy eyelids.  She has been wanting to get them done for years and they finally had drooped enough for them to be covered by her medical insurance.  It went beautifully and she is seeing better and looking younger already!
  • I had a great 2-week follow up checkup with my ob/gyn.  All my pathology came back perfectly clean from the hysterectomy!  Praise God!!  AND she cleared me to run, which I have been doing, slowly, for the past few days.
  • We had a great Christmas Eve at my mom and dad’s house, having dinner, reading the Christmas Story (a tradition), opening presents, and visiting.  And while we missed my sister Layne and her family, they arrived the day after Christmas and are here FOR A WHOLE WEEK!  YIPPEE!!
  • We opened presents here on Christmas morning and I was so in awe of my children…I have to brag for a moment…because they while their presents and stockings sat looming, they were most excited for Jack and I to open our gifts they had gotten for us.  They truly showed the meaning of Acts 20:35 …’It is more blessed to give than to receive'.
  • Christmas Day was spent at Jack’s parents.  All his brothers and sisters (he is the baby of 6) and their families came and we enjoyed a wonderful day of more food, presents, and fun. 

Here are a few pics from our Christmas:

We had a white Christmas!!  Not much snow, but enough to make it beautiful:christmassnowAll 3 of our “little” ones with their stockings and gifts from Santa:December09 018Cookies and milk gone…he must have been here:December09 020Oh yeah!  He was DEFINITELY here:December09 019Katie digging in to her presents:December09 027Zachary opening presents:     December09 022 Tyler opening presents:December09 023 Katie posing with her Cardinals hoodie:December09 024Zachary LOVES his new UA hoodie: December09 025   Katie and Daddy trying to figure out her new camera:christmas09katiedaddy Katie and I posing at my in-laws:christmas09katiemommy  More presents:christmas09katie2And more presents:christmastyzac09

We had a very blessed Christmas, and I hope you all did too!  Now I am desperate to get my tree and decorations down and my house back to “normal,” what ever that is.  But it will have to fit into my schedule this week of enjoying the time off with my kids and spoiling my nephews :-) 

xoxo

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...