Tuesday, April 3, 2012

It’s About Time, Right?!

Do you remember THIS POST from Dec. 2010? 

Well you can be assured that I DO.  The story of how Becky and I came to know one another was one to read for certain.  So if you didn’t yet, go back and do it!! Smile  It was most definitely a God-thing.

After exchanging emails, Becky and I became close friends.  As survivor sisters we shared a bond like no other.  We texted all the time, shared things via Facebook, and then texted some more.

Not long after, Becky got an offer from a publishing house to turn her blog into a book!  A BOOK!!  She accepted and the rest, as you say, was history.

Her book, Me and the Ugly C, is available as an e*book and hard copy.  You should totally go get it!  You won’t regret it, I promise.  You will be uplifted, inspired, and amazed by her journey.  And Chapter 13 is my fave…just sayin’.Winking smile
 meandtheuglyc

But the story doesn’t end there…oh no. 

About three weeks ago, Becky had her first book signing at the Poplar Bluff Library.  There had been a big write up on it in the PB paper and so through that, and Facebook announcements, I knew that it was coming up.  As soon as I saw it I thought, “I should go to that!”  After all, Becky and I STILL had never met and that would be a really cool thing to be there for.

Well a couple of weeks went by and I never said anything to her about it, nor did she mention her book signing to me.  I was afraid to tell her that I was thinking about coming for fear that something else would come up and I wouldn’t be able to attend (like that EVER happens with three kids…haaaa!).  So I just tucked it away in my mental calendar, hoping that I would be able to go.  It just so happened that her book signing fell during the week of our spring break, so the kids were all out of school with no games scheduled and no real strict schedules going on, so when Tuesday got here that week I was good to go.

When I walked into the theater room where Becky was going to be talking about her book and signing copies, I’ll never forget the look on her face…

She just kind of looked at me like, ‘oh yeah, I know you…’ and all she said was… ”Shut.Up.” 

And the hugging was on.  Two friends, who have shared so much and meant so much to each other finally meeting in warm embrace…it was priceless.  I was so excited to finally meet her in person and all I could say to her was, “It’s about time, right?!” 

Yes, it certainly is. 

IMG_1560

IMG_1559

Here’s to many more years of hugs and shared time spent together!

And lots of texts, too.Winking smile

Love you, Beck!

xoxo

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...