Saturday, February 5, 2011

What Strength Looks Like

IT’S UPWARD BASKETBALL DAY!!!

ughhh, well actually--

SNOWFEB5

IT’S A SNOW DAY.  Bum-mer.

If you think I’m disappointed, you should have seen the face of a particular 7-year old cheerleader this morning when she realized that their first Upward game had been cancelled. Sad smile  She cried. Crying face 

And then went back to sleep.

IMG_2318

So I’m not sure what our day will be like today.  I keep having grand ideas of cleaning out my closet, but every time those thoughts rear their ugly head I’ve been pretty successful at pushing them back and ignoring them.  Ha, kind of like the contents of my closet…ironic?

I wanted to take just a second to show you a couple of pictures of strength in honor of World Cancer Day (which was yesterday); a day to raise awareness for a disease that affects 28 million people worldwide and causes 8 million deaths every year.

 This is what STRENGTH LOOKS LIKE:

maggienmom

chemo6

 

 

SURVIVORS.

You can check out Marcy’s (Cancer Mama) blog here and Maggie’s (Cancer Babe) blog here.  And feel free to leave some love!

Are you have ANY tastes of Spring where you are??  If so, I’m jealous…and I’m moving. Winking smile

xoxo

1 comment:

Keri said...

A taste of Spring?? How about a taste of the tropics! Does this mean you may move here?? How happy would I be?

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...