Thursday, February 3, 2011

Not My Normal Week

Hey guys Smile

This has been the most unusual week…very disjointed feeling.

I have yet to clue you in on my no-running week, but you may have noticed (or not) that I haven’t updated my running log this week and this is why.  Basically, I just felt that my body needed a bit of a break.  I’ve been logging between 40-50 miles every week for awhile, with just a day (maybe) break each week.  Even after my marathon in mid-October I didn’t take a significant break.

SO…

Here it is Thursday and I haven’t run since last Friday.  My thoughts?  This sucks.  Ha!  No surprise there, right?!  I feel lazy and tired, and actually the minor aches that I have BEEN having are much worse and more pronounced this week.  What???  During an off week?  Yep.  I honestly think my body is in shock!  I’m fighting every urge to drive out to my mom and dad’s and get on their treadmill, because I am ready to start ramping up my mileage for my next marathon training.  But I KNOW that rest is what is best right now.  By the way, the Go! St. Louis Marathon is now

 66  Days   -- or --   9  Weeks and  3  Days AWAY!!!!

Now that DOES stress me out just a little.  But I’m trying not to put any pressure on myself…just run and have fun, Erica.  Pressure takes all the fun out of it for me.  So just rest my body and start a fresh week next week!  Yes, yes, that’s what I’ll do. Smile

Other than the non-running, this week has been filled with minor sickness (Katie), the snowmaggeddon that we were spared the worst of (thankfully!), 2 days off of school, cancelled and rescheduled ballgames, annnddd, my birthday!  See, it has been a rather unusual week.  It’s no wonder I feel all out-of-sorts.

Speaking of my birthday, I just have to share with you the cake that my hubby and kids made me.  Let’s just say, they know me SO WELL…it was absolutely perfect.  Check this out:

 February2011 005  

Oh, yes, they made me a cake from fresh fruit and non-fat yogurt!!!!  This cake was filled with watermelon, cantaloupe, pineapple, oranges, apples, pears, bananas, grapes, strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries!!!  Yep, they spelled “HAPPY B-DAY MOM” in blueberries!!  How awesome is this?!?!  I am still in shock over this most perfect cake they made me and am so blessed to have such a great husband and kids! February2011 003

 

They also surprised me with some new cast iron cookware that I’ve been wanting and also a teapot!  I promise you, my Candy Cane Lane green tea tastes so much better since I’ve gotten the teapot. Winking smile I love it!

February2011 010

 

And what birthday is complete without being able to sit at your dining room table and watch your whole family clean your kitchen while you watch?!  Well, it kind of looks like my dad is watching too, but that’s ok.  Moral support counts for something! Winking smile

February2011 021

Since the kids are all back in school today, I’m going to see if I can pick up and few of the pieces from the last couple of days and put my house back in order.  I think it’s going to be easier for me than for my sister, Layne, who got almost 2 feet of snow at her house!  Whoa!

Talk to you soon!

xoxo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh that marathon countdown is freaking me out!! So soon!!

And that cake is so perfect - I love when people do special things. My co-workers got me whole grain cookies on my birthday, and my friend in highschool brought me a fruit tray!

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...