Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Switch & A Nervous Stomach

Hello Wednesday, folks. Smile

Remember last week when I was lovingggg temps in the 70s?  Well they are long gone this week.  It is 11am and it is only 35*.  Ack!  What happened to our early Spring?!  It’s not here right now, that’s for sure.

I am still not running this week due to the bronchitis/sinusitis.  I just don’t think it’s beneficial to be out there hacking away…I want my lungs to HEAL not get worse, or prolong the illness.  So I am just sitting here, waiting and waiting to take off…maybe tomorrow?  Of course then Friday is my breast biopsy and I’m not sure how long that will take me out of running, only because the biopsy will be on the underneath side of my right breast so I just don’t know yet how that will feel bouncing around and pushing on my sports bra.  I don’t know what to anticipate really, so I’ll just have to play that one by ear.

So what I’m getting at, really, is that I called this morning and switched my registration for the April 10th St. Louis Marathon to the Half Marathon.  I think it’s a good decision for me.  My reasons for switching:

  • Week off due to bronchitis
  • Biopsy
  • Lingering right ankle tendon tenderness
  • Longest recent run ----> 14 miles
  • Marathon is 46 days away

All of these things combined made me decide to make the call this morning and switch up my registration.  I’m kind of bummed, but at the same time, I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.  I want to give myself plenty of time to get better from being sick and biopsied without feeling too pressured and stressed out.  Already this past Sunday I was planning on a 16-miler (which I missed) and this Sunday won’t be any better, what with being only two days after the biopsy, so there’s another long run I’ll miss.  I just don’t feel like I would go in prepared at all.  But it’s ok…maybe the St. Louis Rock ‘N Roll Marathon in October?!

I also have a little helper at home with me today.  Katie stayed home with me.  She went to school yesterday, with tears, and her teacher said she had kind of a rough day…crying, thinking she was going to throw up, and not acting like herself.  This morning was more tears and more clinging to me, not hungry, nothing sounded good, but yet nothing hurt or didn’t feel good either.  As soon as she said, “Mommy, what if I feel like this on Friday?  Will you have to cancel your test?” I knew what the problem was. 

She has a nervous stomach.

Bless her heart.  We went through this the last time I was diagnosed, but it was with her and Zachary both.  They would both get these horrible nervous can’t-eat-can’t-concentrate stomachaches, and would be very clingy every time we would have to go to St. Louis.  It’s like going back to STL for more tests has triggered something in her little mind.  After realizing this, this morning there was no way I could send her.  So we are spending the day doing her homework, cuddling, and just “working together.”  I’m just playing it by ear and taking my cues from her.  My heart breaks for her and what all is going on in her little mind.  I’m praying that God will comfort her, and all the kids’, hearts and her minds as we get through the next couple of days.

I’m off to take some more math tests that she is making up for me. Winking smile  Anyone else play school when they were growing up?  I did, but usually I was the teacher!

xoxo 

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...