Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Makin’ Me Smile

Hello friends!  I hope you all had a fabulous holiday weekend and also took the time to remember why we celebrate Memorial Dayto honor those who serve and have served our country so we can enjoy our freedom. 

This is what my long weekend consisted of:memorialdaywkndWe enjoyed our beautiful river and all the sunshine this weekend with friends and family.  Michelle and I soaked up some fabulous sunshine and Vitamin D this weekend!

So as I start a new week, in the MIDDLE of the week, here are some things that are makin’ me smile today:

  • The three sisters will be together again this week!  Layne and the boys are coming down for awhile this month while her hubby is gone for training, so I’m counting on lots of sister and cousin time;-)
  • My dr’s appointment on Friday went fabulous!  My labs were all good, although my wbc is still a little low…but he says it’s nothing to be concerned about because it’s been coming up, although slowly…it’s just residual from chemo.  That just goes to show how potent this stuff is and how long it stays in your system, my last chemo was Feb. 09!  The results from my bone density were also normal and my heart echo was 62%!  It was even HIGHER than my first echo, before the Herceptin that could possibly lower it.  All I can say is “Thank You, Jesus.”  Oh, and we snapped a pic too:FROMPHONE 011 
  • There is breaking news on the breast cancer front!  Is it possible that a vaccine could be coming in ten years or so??  Some say yes!  I can’t tell you the excitement this brings me:-)
  • Today is National Running Day!  Did you know there was such a thing?  Me either!  But there is, and today is it.  So lace up those running shoes and get out there.  It’s good for your body, mind, and soul…I promise.running_day_main_logo
  • Only 10 DAYS until the St. Louis Komen Race for the Cure!!!  I have WAY surpassed my goal of $500 by raising $2060 and am SO thankful to all my family and friends who have supported me and donated to this wonderful cause.  I am SO READY to run in STL on Saturday, June 12!pinkarch
  • I have also written a piece for UnderArmour again this year for their Power In Pink Survivor Search.  You can check it out here.  

Ok, well I think that’s about it for now;-)  I’m convinced that I will find many other things today that will make me smile.  Go out and find YOURS!  Be blessed.

xoxo

No comments:

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...