Yes, yes, yes! 2 days and counting until the St. Louis Komen Race For The Cure!! And I am SO PUMPED!
I, as a member of the Siteman Cancer Center team, raised a grand total of $2060…blowing past my $500 goal! THANK YOU TO MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY WHO DONATED TO SUCH A WONDERFUL CAUSE!
As of right now there are over 67,000 people registered for the Race For The Cure and over $2.8 million has been raised towards the $3.5 million goal! Looks like another successful year for Komen St. Louis. Awesome, just awesome.
I was writing down my own personal “schedule” for Saturday morning because I have quite a few things I am doing as well, and I don’t want to miss anything! So far our trip looks like this:
- Leave around noon
- Have dinner with the family and friends also going up for the race.
- Bed early?? I always shoot for this the night before the race but it never happens;-)
- 630am - Pick up t-shirts from the Siteman booth for myself and my family and friends.
- 7am - Head to KSDK stage for tv interview!
- 725am – Participate in the Survivor Procession
- 745am – Go mingle and visit in the Survivor Pavilion before race start.
- 835am – 5K TIMED RUNNERS START!!
- 9am – 5K WALKERS START!!
- 945am – Awards Ceremony
And all of this is followed by fun and visiting all the sponsor booths, enjoying all the samples and freebies, hanging out with family and friends, and soaking in the SEA OF PINK. So fabulous.
I am so blessed to be able to participate in an event like this, and SO THANKFUL that I am running as a SURVIVOR! Thank you, Jesus, from my whole entire heart. I bow at Your majesty and Your mercy on me. I praise Your name for Your love for me and for never leaving or forsaking me.