Saturday, June 26, 2010

A Home For Princess

Hello, friends! And happy Saturday!!

We have spent the day on the river (of course), enjoying the sunshine and the company of family and friends. This is my sister-in-law, Kristy's, 40th birthday weekend so we met up with them at a gravel bar upriver and swam and bbq'ed. Hot dogs, bratwursts, chips, and sodas were on the menu, and knowing this, I had already packed my lunch;-)

My own personal menu consisted of a spicy hummus, baby spinach, yellow peppers, and zucchini (fresh from my dad's garden!) sandwich on a sandwich thin, a jazz apple (my fave!), and some baby carrots. Um yeah, I stuck out. But I'm cool with it because I know I'm nourishing my body in a healthy way and putting only the best things in it. I read something the other day that said, "If everyone could see your internal organs like they see your hair and face would you take care of them better?" Here's to things that make ya think......;-)

On another note, I need to introduce y'all to the newest member of our family...

Everybody, this is Princess!

Princess has been with us for the last 3 days. On Tuesday, Jack came home from work with a little something in his front seat. He told Tyler to go and check and that little something was a little beagle puppy. She was clearly starved and had fleas and ticks all over her, she also has something wrong with her back legs...she kind of hops with them (as Katie puts it). She was in pretty rough shape:-( Apparently she had been dumped in a ditch in the middle of nowhere and Jack found her on the way to one of the job sites Tuesday.

He said he has no idea what made him stop and pick her up and bring her with him, but we are so glad he did! Of course as soon as Katie locked eyes with her, it was all over. She had her named and cuddled within moments of her being home. It was so sweet!

So now, Princess is flea- and tick-free, smells good, is sporting a hot pink collar, and is now *ahem*an inside dog*ahem. Did you catch that?? Yes, me who has sworn that I would never have an indoor pet, now has a baby beagle currently curled up on the couch. I just can't help it! When I watch her try to hop along on her back legs, my heart just melts!

I've wondered in the past few days what Princess thinks?? She went from living in a ditch, scrounging for food and water, probably hiding from other animals, and dodging the few cars to go by, to being a 6-year-old girl's new BFF! The first thing Katie wanted to buy her was a crown...we convinced her that probably wouldn't work very well! So we settled on a pink collar;-)



The last thing we were looking for right now is a dog...let alone an inside dog with some special needs, but she fits just perfectly into our family and we love her already. It just goes to show that perfect defines itself;-)

Blessings, friends!

xoxo

"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others." Philippians 2:3-4

4 comments:

Mrs. LC said...

Loved your quotes about the internal organs and perfection defining itself. I'm going to have to write those down. :)

Love you and so glad Princess has found such a wonderful home!

Denise said...

She's super cute! We've now got TWO inside dogs more than 30 lbs each - never a dull moment and so much love! :)

Meg said...

This is adorable, what a blessing. You just can't say no to that face, for sure, even if you did swear off any inside pets - that princess is jut TOO cute. Congrats on your new family member!

Sarah @ See Sarah Eat said...

I can't believe I just now saw this but oh my she is cute! My doggie is a beagle mix so beagles always make me smile :)

Princess hit the jackpot getting to stay with your family! Sweet baby.

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...