Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Since We Last Talked

OK, so I have been totally M.I.A. for the last week...um, and a-half. Sorry!

My father-in-law and I at my nephew, Cody's, going away party as he prepares to leave for basic training for the Marine Corps in two weeks:

I would love to tell you that I have been keeping this massive photo record of my goings on the past ten days (yikes!), but sadly that is not that case. The photos have been few and far between around here. Even the 4th of July! OH NO!! The scrapbooker in me is SO disappointed:-( What ever happened to the girl who used to carry a camera around with her everywhere and would take pics just for the sake of making pages??


----> The few pics here are ones I may or may not have right-clicked and saved from my sister-in-law's Facebook page...just sayin'... <----



It makes me sad, really. But I guess scrapbooking has just gotten shuffled in the craziness that is my life. And I hate that so much, because I LOVE to scrapbook...to sit down with blank sheets of paper and stickers and letters, and photos of all my favorite people and create memories everlasting = OH SO MUCH FUN! But honestly, I don't know where I would carve out the time in my day. I guess I could use some of the nighttime hours, since there are quite a few that I don't sleep anyway:-S



We had a good 4th of July, even without the pictures as proof! We hung out on the river all weekend with friends and just relaxed and soaked in the Vitamin D. (Very important thing, ya know, especially when it comes to breast cancer risk! 10-15 minutes of unprotected sun per day is all you need...so get on it girls!)





We finished up the holiday weekend with the start of Vacation Bible School here at our church. This year's theme is Saddle Ridge Ranch. Lifeway always comes up with the greatest theme ideas and this year is no different. It has been a good week so far, with 77 in attendance today! I challenged my class (4th & 5th grade) for each of them to invite someone and double our class by the end of the week...this would give us 12, which is great for the older kids' group! I'm believing God for a great VBS, and I'm praying that God would use me this week. And I definitely need His strength because I am worn out, y'all.



Hope y'all are doing fabulous! Love ya <3

xoxo

VBS Scripture:

"Now if any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives to all generously and without criticizing, and it will be given to him." James 1:5

1 comment:

Sarah @ See Sarah Eat said...

Yay! I've been getting my Vitamin D the past couple of weeks, taking walks at work :) So good to hear what you've been up to!

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...