Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Recapin' & Racin'

Hey y'all! What's been goin' on? I can hardly believe it is the middle of JULY already! It's crazy. I told the kids the other day that they go back to school next month and you should have seen/heard the responses I got! "WHAT?!", "ALREADY??", "WHY??????", and "YAY! I CAN'T WAIT TO USE MY NEW BACKPACK AND LUNCHBOX!" Haha, Can you guess which one was from the 6-year-old?;-)


Our trip to Saddle Ridge Ranch at VBS last week was wonderful! Our highest attendance was 88 kids, and for my class we got up to 8. That's not too bad for the oldest group of kids who have many other options and choices with what to do on a summer day...I was very thankful and impressed with their participation. They were a great group. And of course, I am oh so appreciative of my boys and all their help last week...I couldn't have done it without them! Even though they're both too old for Bible School, I will probably keep them in my class forever;-) I have to tell them, too, that God sees them helping me and being so giving of their time, and He sees it as a form of worship! Glory!

My class - 4th & 5th Grade


Katie's class - Kindergarten & 1st Grade
Here's Katie on the horse that ALL the kids and adults got the chance to sit on and have their picture taken. It was SO great of Gene and Gay to bring Lady out for VBS, the kids were so excited! I'm sure Lady thought otherwise after 100+ people climbing on her back, but you'd never know it...she was so gentle and amazing. And yes I got on and had my picture taken too, but...my butt looked big. Bahahaha, my blog, my choice;-)
So after a week of VBS, I slept so hard Friday night! I was sooooo wiped out. We spent yet another weekend at our cabin on the river with friends, relaxing and swimming. I have been running outside for my long runs on Sundays, and it has been a killer summer for it...and not in a good way. Like killer as in, the heat/humidity/hills may kill me! It has been brutal! The last two Sundays, it has taken me wayyyy longer than normal to run ten miles. Like, 1:55:00...at least 15 minutes longer than normal. I'm having to stop and take walk breaks and I hardly ever do that. But it's necessary. I would have killed for a camelback this summer. I guess it's not too late, though. Maybe...

Speaking of running...I'VE REGISTERED FOR ANOTHER HALF-MARATHON!!!! I'm returning to the location of my very first half mary in Kansas City to now run my THIRD!! It is October 16, and I could NOT be more excited! BUT what makes this so cool, is that MY SISTER IS GOING TO RUN IT WITH ME!!! Layne is running her first half marathon, and her training is going great. I'm so proud of her. I'm also trying to get our other sister, Jessica, into doing it with us...wouldn't that be just awesome?! I'm SOOOOO hoping she will! C'mon, Jessa!!!



Well, I think I've caught you up on what's going on with me, for the moment anyway. But before I go I want to share a video with you that I put together from last month's Komen Race for the Cure. It was such an amazing experience, and I am so grateful for the sisterhood that is WARRIORS & SURVIVORS.
God Bless y'all.
xoxo





"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

3 comments:

Keri said...

I have missed you!!! I'm so behind on your blog and the whopping 4 others I read regularly. VBS would have been starting next week for us in Houston and I'm really sad to be missing out this year!

Congrats on talking your sisters into doing a half marathon with you! The three of us Parker girls would love to do that, but I'm afraid I am the weak link....maybe I can work on that while I'm in Singapore. Hmmmmm...........

Ok, back to the blog to catch up on all I've missed!

Denise said...

Good ol' VBS in Van Buren - you're bringing back memories of when I was still in HS and me and Kaitlin helped teach 3 and 4 year olds with Marilyn and Wanda. It was great!
Tell Layne I said good luck and congrats on the commitment for the half-marathon! That's so awesome!! Maybe I'll get there one day :)
Love ya!

Sarah @ See Sarah Eat said...

That is one of my favorite verses! I have it on my RoadID :)

I'm planning to do a half on October 16th too here in Louisville! I will be thinking of you that day ;-)

Survivor Spotlight Saturday

Hello!! Is it absolutely beautiful where you are this morning?!  Holy cow, if not you should high-tail it to southeast Missouri, ‘cause it...